Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Suuki
Sakura Chan

Chatbox Opinions

I am just wondering why this forum doesn't have any sort of chatbox?
On a forum I used to be very active on (pewdiepie.net).. They had a chatbox.
On many forums with chatboxes, it seems you get to connect more to the users on the forum. And it is much more personal than a PM. Plus you can chat with multiple people at once.
Tbh, it seems like I don't really have any personal connections to anyone here. (maybe just a few people. xP)
It is just a suggestion. Chatboxes seem to bring people closer. It may even be a way to brighten up the forum over all.
Both PewDiePie.net and CosCom are big forums. There would need to be mods in there to mod the chatbox. (but what would help a lot is members inforcing rules as well)

This is just my opinion, if you don't agree, why not share your opinion !
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Kildread
I can fix it!

I doubt there's enough active moderators on the site to properly police a chatbox function.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Suuki
Sakura Chan

I agree. I haven't really seen much mods around the site. But I think a chat/shoutbox should definitely be something to think about. xP
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Unless CosCom enlisted volunteers to work at keeping this in check, which would be enormously difficult mind you, I doubt that would ever happen.

This website isn't just a fanbase for a goon on youtube, it has millions of users and more join every day. It would take a virtual SQUAD of volunteers to moderate a chat.

If anything, I'd say limiting the amount of people who can join in to the chat at one time would help keep things in check. Possibly have 2 or 3 chat rooms with different assigned moderators/volunteers so that one person isn't in charge of corralling 600 people at one time.

This stuff isn't as simple as it sounds. I moderated for a fansite 'back in the day' in which it was difficult to keep tails on the two dozen or so goons that would troll around everyday and I was pretty much the ONLY person who was moderating it. That stuff get's tough reallllll quick.

As nice of an idea as it would be, I think a lot more thought then "I saw it here" would need to go into things.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
Suuki
Sakura Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Unless CosCom enlisted volunteers to work at keeping this in check, which would be enormously difficult mind you, I doubt that would ever happen.

This website isn't just a fanbase for a goon on youtube, it has millions of users and more join every day. It would take a virtual SQUAD of volunteers to moderate a chat.

If anything, I'd say limiting the amount of people who can join in to the chat at one time would help keep things in check. Possibly have 2 or 3 chat rooms with different assigned moderators/volunteers so that one person isn't in charge of corralling 600 people at one time.

This stuff isn't as simple as it sounds. I moderated for a fansite 'back in the day' in which it was difficult to keep tails on the two dozen or so goons that would troll around everyday and I was pretty much the ONLY person who was moderating it. That stuff get's tough reallllll quick.

As nice of an idea as it would be, I think a lot more thought then "I saw it here" would need to go into things.
I agree, that may be what would be needed.
and it is more than "I saw it here". I am just listing the site that it was most successful at.
It would be a ton of work. I have modded at sites myself. Even hosted one that got pretty popular.
I didn't even think this was a very good idea. As I know this site is kind of short staffed. Just wanted opinions. xP