Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Kratos99
Boo! Wait, you're dead.

Cloud's Sweater

Hey there.
I'm sort of looking here and there and cannot for the life of me find Cloud's ribbed sweater anywhere. Perhaps I'm looking wrong, but every time I look for it I get these really meh-looking sweaters.

Anyways, I pretty much am asking if anyone know's where I can buy Cloud's (Navy Blue) ribbed sweater. Or a link to a website that is selling it.
It can have sleeves and potentially no zipper. I can cut the sleeves off and add a zipper, though having a zipper might make things easier.

Any help would be awesome.

Unread 01-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Walmart.
I have found ONE ever on ebay that looked good that I dyed. and adding a zipper isn't very hard..Look at the one I use to own:
http://jasonterror.deviantart.com/ar...DONE-284505955
You wouldn't guess by looking at it that I sewed it by hand, would you? lol You will more then likely never find one with a zipper unless someone was selling their's that was not mass produced (which are all bad)

Anyway, I have seen in the female section where they sell the winter sweaters, at walmart had them last year..I would assumet hey would this year too. Since it's winter now, this is a good time to scope. Find either a navy blue (if you can help it), or white (more common) to dye blue. Use rit liquid dye and make sure it's a 100% cotton sweater (they have some, but they have others that are poly blend, be sure to get cotton only for dying).

This is about all the help I can give you.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Akaito (Vocaloid [Maybe])
-Link (Zelda OOT [Maybe])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Kratos99
Boo! Wait, you're dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Walmart.
I have found ONE ever on ebay that looked good that I dyed. and adding a zipper isn't very hard..Look at the one I use to own:
http://jasonterror.deviantart.com/ar...DONE-284505955
You wouldn't guess by looking at it that I sewed it by hand, would you? lol You will more then likely never find one with a zipper unless someone was selling their's that was not mass produced (which are all bad)

Anyway, I have seen in the female section where they sell the winter sweaters, at walmart had them last year..I would assumet hey would this year too. Since it's winter now, this is a good time to scope. Find either a navy blue (if you can help it), or white (more common) to dye blue. Use rit liquid dye and make sure it's a 100% cotton sweater (they have some, but they have others that are poly blend, be sure to get cotton only for dying).

This is about all the help I can give you.
Wal-Mart would be such a great option.
However, living in New York there's no Wal-Mart. ;-; (You would think I'd have a ton of stores that would have a similar sweater.)
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

You should be able to go on their site and look there and if they have one there just order it that way..Other then there, the one I linked that I made that I bought off someone, was an old navy one..However, upon looking in their store (as well as the gap and similar stores) I could never find one..The tag said old navy, but I never once found another..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
Kratos99
Boo! Wait, you're dead.

Quote:
You should be able to go on their site and look there and if they have one there just order it that way..Other then there, the one I linked that I made that I bought off someone, was an old navy one..However, upon looking in their store (as well as the gap and similar stores) I could never find one..The tag said old navy, but I never once found another..
Darn. I spent a good day yesterday looking at stores and all throughout alone again.
It's a simple ribbed knit sweater. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND. T_T
Unread 01-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos99 View Post
It's a simple ribbed knit sweater. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND. T_T
Trust me..That question was one I asked myself more times then I care to count..It's more because of the weave of it. It's an uncommon one. Most ribbed sweaters have a pattern to look neat or are really small ribbs, the bigger ones are less common
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 01-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #7
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

You could buy this fabric http://www.ebay.com/itm/261121303013...84.m1497.l2649 and make it. It's way easy to do.
Unread 01-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddeltk View Post
You could buy this fabric http://www.ebay.com/itm/261121303013...84.m1497.l2649 and make it. It's way easy to do.
This looks good actually. Having had 2 sweaters already, I can pretty much tell what looks good size wise. This looks right to me. The first sweater I had was made using rib knit fabric I got on ebay so..The teal looks the closest here. Dying this would be extremely hard..You will not get a solid dye job very easily as it's not 100% cotton. It has "acrylic" mix. Which I assume they are talking about Polyester..Which is normal in these with mixes. That would be the coton/poly blend I mentioned before. Honestly I think settling for just slightly off is the best bet at this point. You COULD look for fabric on ebay like this (seeing as that's what this IS lol) but other then this, it might be hard..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 01-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #9
Kratos99
Boo! Wait, you're dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddeltk View Post
That looks so good, but the colors seem so off besides black, which would be too dark. ;-; Curse my luck.
Unread 01-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos99 View Post
That looks so good, but the colors seem so off besides black, which would be too dark. ;-; Curse my luck.
The ink blue might work..If you pick that color in the drop box, the pic on the left changes to that one. That should work just fine
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
Kratos99
Boo! Wait, you're dead.

Quote:
The ink blue might work..If you pick that color in the drop box, the pic on the left changes to that one. That should work just fine
When I click Ink Blue I get a bright blue color. o.o
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #12
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Well it's not bad though..That's why I said should work..What would you rather have..A color that no one will even realize is slightly a tad bit lighter? Or nothing? You are going to have one hell of a trip looking for an exact match..Trust me, it took me a good year to find the one fabric that was the right color..And that was the first one I had that I don't think I even have pics of anymore..It was made very terribly and basically made my searching go to waste because it wasn't evenly made because I put my trust into someone I shouldn't have..But a YEAR of looking..And that was the ONLY one I found..I had to find a lighter one and dye it to get the one I showed you..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #13
idleEscapist

The ink blue makes a good base, and then, if regular dye doesn't work, you can probably use any of the methods developed for dying wigs to dye it a darker blue. Though seeing as it does have cotton in the mix, there may be enough in there that regular dye will work, though you may have to use a darker shade than what you actually want to get the same results as 100% cotton.
idleEscapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
usuyukisou

For what it's worth, on my monitor, the Ink Blue solo image that you get when you select that colour looks like a dark violet blue, but the Ink Blue that's in a folded-up pile with other colours looks pretty accurate to Cloud's actual colour.
Unread 01-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #15
Kratos99
Boo! Wait, you're dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
For what it's worth, on my monitor, the Ink Blue solo image that you get when you select that colour looks like a dark violet blue, but the Ink Blue that's in a folded-up pile with other colours looks pretty accurate to Cloud's actual colour.
If it's from the stack, I would jump on it. Because I agree, it's pretty darn accurate.
The stand-alone makes me go "aw..." pretty heavily.