Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 12-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
MangoFedora
Tea Lover

K-On! Outfit Help

Hey all! A friend of mine, and myself, suddenly fell into the K-On! fandom (a little late) and we decided to go to Anime Central as Azusa Nakano and Mio Akiyama. We have the right heights and play their respected instruments so we figured why not?

But we are having issues finding the correct blazers for their outfits. They're a navy blue color, but we keep finding really light blue ones. High saturation and too vibrant. We just want something that's close to their outfits, it doesn't have to be perfect. We want to buy them together/from the same place so that the outfits are uniform. If we can't find the blazers, we were going to wear the yellow vests they have, but we're aiming for the blazers.
We aren't too worried about the buttons on the blazers, we can easily add/remove them if we need.

I minus well add that we still don't have the skirts yet either. Since it's winter, it's kind of hard to find them. But if there are suggestions, we'll take them! They're also some weird grey/blue color that's uncommon. Plain grey skirts are fine.

Any pointers would be welcomed!

Mio Akiyama reference: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...io_akiyama.png

Azusa Nakano reference: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...8/86/Azusa.png

You can't see their feet but that's ok, we already got the shoes/socks.

Thanks again!
MangoFedora is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
Berii

Personally, I got my blazer at a thrift store; but you would have to be pretty lucky to find two of the exact same ones at a thrift store so that looks like it's a no-go. Making one yourselves(OR commissioning them) would ensure that you get the kind of fabric you want, and that they are identical.
If you don't want something made to order, I think blazers are pretty "in" right now, so maybe you could run in to some at typical trendy stores? Or you could check online somewhere like Amazon that has a really big selection, and you can search by color.
Berii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Berii

oops I forgot to add this...
For the skirts, that specific style is called a "knife pleated skirt", so maybe that will help you in searching for them?
Berii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Pleated skirts aren't too hard to make, and there are a bunch of helpful tutorials online that I used to make my first skirts!

That said, my K-On! skirt is a plain gray, pleated skirt that I found on a children's uniform website. My Mio wears hers high on her waist and I shortened mine as they're a bit long. If you can fit into one of the larger sizes. I believe I ordered one in size 20. It's a little snug, but it fits.

H&M also usually sells blazers. I think they're commonly found in stores around this time of year.

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
Penlowe

Any private schools near you? It's a school uniform, and most private high schools have a blazer (either optional or required) and parents sell used uniforms all the time as their kids grow/ graduate.
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
miss-ferrous
That one girl

The blazer is generic enough that you could probably find somewhere online as like a garment vs a cosplay piece. Depending on your size, you might be able to look at actual school uniform stuff, too. Don't know what your price range is though. I found this, I don't know if it's close enough for you but... http://www.frenchtoast.com/p2p/searc...rrivals&page=1
miss-ferrous is online now   Reply With Quote