Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > 한국어 cosplay.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
BetwixtReality

Popular Series on the Korean Cosplay Scene?

I'm doing a semester abroad this upcoming spring and totally plan to head to Comic World Seoul and cosplay. So I'm just sort of wondering about what the cons are like and what you see. I know Gintama is huuuugely more popular than it is in the states, and Hetalia is banned. But what about Durarara, One Piece, and other well recognized series in the states?

Mainly I'm asking cause I'm thinking of cosplaying the 'Lost Objects' sign girl from episode 8 of Durarara because she's obviously a foreigner just as I as a caucasian with blue eyes will be in Korea. But I worry that if I wander around like the character does I'll get people thinking I'm retarded or really running a lost and found. ^^; If there is in general a lot of Shizuos and Izayas though I'll feel better thinking at least a few of them have to get what I'm doing. But yeah, might have missed the window for this by now since the series is an older one which is why all the more I'm curious about what the proportions are of cosplays from different series.

(Other costumes I plan on bringing is Sanji from One Piece, Rikku from Final Fantasy, and Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat.)
BetwixtReality is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
celery

Your mainstream cosplays will always be a popular choice among the public(One Piece, Kuro, Naruto, Pokemon, Vocaloids, etc!). If your going as a minor character, then I suggest you should stick in a group(the bigger the better). Also you will see cosplays of recent animations like SAO, among with Korean MMORPG/Game cosplays.

Your right that you won't see any Hetalia here...

This upcoming Seoul Comic World will be on the last weekend, December 29 and 30. Im not sure if many people will cosplay though cause the weather is getting really freezing, but many students are on break now. You can always search previous events to find out the "flavor of the months" and soso.
celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
BetwixtReality

Oh I won't be arriving in the country till February 26th though I'm pretty aware the weather is going to be freezing especially to me whose been living in Hawaii the past two and a half years. Thank you so much for the information! I'll probably pass on the Durarara cosplay then since it is a beyond minor character. XD And yeah I've been searching through google images Comic World Seoul to try and get a feel for the scene. Oh, are there any special additional measures that must be taken to be able to cosplay to the con? I've had friends who studied abroad in Japan say they had to get a special cosplayer badge.
BetwixtReality is offline   Reply With Quote