Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 12-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks
 
fullbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,024
Oh and my Gran and my Dad bought me garlic crushers. Ok.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag
I would have used my awesome space-time warping powers to reach through the internet and throttle your scrawny pole-dancing film-making neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #32
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON
 
StarsCASSiOPEiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,078
Fish-And-Chips: WOW that's a lot of games!

Given by your post in the other forum, I can tell that you're already playing Prof. Layton and loving it, haha. I played Trauma Center and Skyward Sword a while back, and both of them were awesome. The World Ends With You is phenomenal-- really dynamic characters and a wicked awesome battle system to boot! Enjoy those!
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
  • Suzuha Amane (Steins;Gate): 25% (Wig Work) Katsucon 2015
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #33
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
And that's when Emmers stole everyones swag.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,254
s;dkljfvs;dfklj;sdlfkjsd
My one friend got me the Grimmerie for Christmas. As in, that super awesome Wicked book thing and ;DLSKFJSDLKF IT'S SO PRETTY

My best friends all came over last night and we exchanged gifts and such and it was fun! :3
My one friend really liked the Hello Kitty hat and hipster glasses, and the other three liked the stuffed Tardises I made. Well okay I only finished one and the others need roofs so I need to do that. But still, it's a load off.
__________________
"There's no such thing as an absolute and final ending, for it is always followed by a new beginning.
The future is yours to shape as you wish, crafted with hope upon a foundation of peace."


Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #35
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!
 
Fish-and-Chips-Yum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Fish-And-Chips: WOW that's a lot of games!

Given by your post in the other forum, I can tell that you're already playing Prof. Layton and loving it, haha. I played Trauma Center and Skyward Sword a while back, and both of them were awesome. The World Ends With You is phenomenal-- really dynamic characters and a wicked awesome battle system to boot! Enjoy those!
Haha, yeah. The Layton games are by far my favorite. I started World Ends with You, and I really liked it. The battle style took me a bit off guard with trying to control both screens at once, but I'm glad that I have the option to just use one screen. ^^; I'm currently playing Trauma Center: Second Opinion on the Wii and I think it's pretty awesome. I wasn't expecting a game this good for $10, but then again I usually like most of what Atlus produces. I'm not sure what to expect of Skyward Sword; I haven't started it yet, and I've never played a LoZ game in it's entirety. I started Ocarina of Time a month ago or so, but I didn't get very far into it because I have so many games to play. XD
__________________
~Cosplays~


+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
Curucar
 
Posts: n/a
I'm doing most of my gift exchanging on new year's, since xmas was spent away with awkward family. But the gifts I have recieved thus far have ALL been *completely* unexpected and amazing.

- $50 Joanne's gift card
- Hobbit posters (the ones they gave for the midnight showings)
- MLP posters
- Winter gloves that can handle touch screens
  Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #37
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn
 
kuroki-neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,182
clothes, cupons for mom to do chores for me x3, x4 ramekins (one thing i actually wanted), portable closet, a collection of small bottles of alcoholic mixer (i don't drink), something for my laptop to keep it from overheating, itunes gift card, some calonge and shower gel, money,

my mom compained about spening $20s on me while she spent over $150 on a gift for herself. and she got me more of what she thought i needed than i asked for and im glad she got me all that and some of that stuff is from my reletives but i just wish she could have gotten me the one thing she knew i wanted. i spent $50 on her and i just wanted to get one more thing..that id actually use...
__________________
my cosplay group page (all for love)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/All...77427085622442
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #38
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
clothes, cupons for mom to do chores for me x3, x4 ramekins (one thing i actually wanted), portable closet, a collection of small bottles of alcoholic mixer (i don't drink), something for my laptop to keep it from overheating, itunes gift card, some calonge and shower gel, money,

my mom compained about spening $20s on me while she spent over $150 on a gift for herself. and she got me more of what she thought i needed than i asked for and im glad she got me all that and some of that stuff is from my reletives but i just wish she could have gotten me the one thing she knew i wanted. i spent $50 on her and i just wanted to get one more thing..that id actually use...
I getcha man. It's disappointing when people give others gifts because they clearly see it as an obligation; not as something they want to do because they care about someone else. So they just do what they can to 'get it over with' and don't take the other person into consideration.

It isn't that you don't appreciate receiving a gift, it's that it's blatantly obvious that someone was giving you gifts out of obligation and clearly did not care about you in picking them out.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #39
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,084
Or when they get you a gift when they know utter crap-all about you. So it's a huge shot in the dark if you'll like it. Once one friend of my Mom's for Xmas bought me a MIDRIFF top. When I was ELEVEN, and a chubby kid who already didn't care for showing off skin, to boot. Fortunately she also gave the receipt so I exchanged it for something I'd actually wear.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #40
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Or when they get you a gift when they know utter crap-all about you. So it's a huge shot in the dark if you'll like it. Once one friend of my Mom's for Xmas bought me a MIDRIFF top. When I was ELEVEN, and a chubby kid who already didn't care for showing off skin, to boot. Fortunately she also gave the receipt so I exchanged it for something I'd actually wear.
I'd say a midriff top for an eleven year old is pretty inappropriate even if you where comfortable with yourself.

For anyone who isn't familiar with what a midriff top is, they're essentially tops that are cut off under the breast line and show the midsection. They come in various lengths but the most popular sold for young people look something like this:



No, they are not meant to be worn with a tanktop under them. MOST young girls who wear them are forced to wear something under them but I'd say it's still a bit inappropriate to give to someone else's child.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #41
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,084
Yeah. I was an early developer but I was the farthest thing from a girl who wanted to look sexy. I was bookish as hell and dressed like a lolita when I was eight and nine...
Also, it wasn't a REALLY short midriff, it stopped just above my belly button, but yeah, not appropriate and even if I'd wanted to wear it, it was winter and completely not allowed at school. So I exchanged it for a fuzzy sweater instead.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #42
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,182
I think my cousins wear tank tops under them, but not because they're told to, it's because they like those shirts and are modest too. So it's a compromise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #43
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,084
Layering is stylish right now, anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #44
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn
 
kuroki-neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I getcha man. It's disappointing when people give others gifts because they clearly see it as an obligation; not as something they want to do because they care about someone else. So they just do what they can to 'get it over with' and don't take the other person into consideration.

It isn't that you don't appreciate receiving a gift, it's that it's blatantly obvious that someone was giving you gifts out of obligation and clearly did not care about you in picking them out.
thanks for being so kind about this. my younger cousins who where 12-14 got a record player amoung other nice things they wanted. my mom just got me some of the stuff just because its like "oh the more things i get him the better he will feel" its just what she wanted to get me. i even got her a pair of ear rings for christmas . i guess im out of the spotlight now.

i don't ask for much i don't play video games much, heck there are not many decent ds games i don't already have. most of the anime related stuff id rather get myself so i can get it right.
__________________
my cosplay group page (all for love)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/All...77427085622442
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #45
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
thanks for being so kind about this.
It's just a crappy feeling that I am sure a lot of us can relate to at some point. It's why I believe gift giving should be done because the giver wants to and enjoys making others feel good. Not because they feel obligated and then resentful of what they view as a burden. A lot of times people also seem to value gifting to the younger crowd as more important, I tend to be a little opposite of that.

I feel that young children do not need to be showered with gifts and come to believe that gifts are equal with love so they come to expect and demand presents constantly. That doesn't mean you shouldn't give to younger kids but I think as a whole we put far too much emphasis on getting a 8 year old everything she wants because it will destroy their fragile innocent minds if we don't.

I'd rather spend more money on an adult who I know would appreciate the gift versus buying a hoard of trinkets for a small child that won't remember who gave them what by the next day.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.