Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Yaoi-Con

Unread 12-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

No Yaoi Con in 2013

Official announcement today from DMI President Hikaru Sasahara.

Quote:
Dear Yaoi-Con Fans and Attendees

Once again I would like to extend my gratitude to all of our fans for helping us put on such an incredible Yaoi-Con 2012. It was amazing to have so many devoted fans - old and new - coming together to mix, mingle, and share their enthusiasm. Thank you for making it a fantastic con for everyone.

We learned a lot from hosting our first Yaoi-Con, and learned even more from your feedback. As a result, we are announcing that Yaoi-Con will be returning in the spring of 2014. We've identified many aspects we would like to update and improve, and doing so will require more than a year's worth of preparation. We are aware that spring is a busy time in the convention season, and we are working to accommodate the schedules of guests, staff, volunteers, vendors, and attendees. As soon as we have more information, we will pass it on to you.

Know that nothing that you love about the con is changing - all of your favorite events will be back, including the Bishounen Auction and Bingo. We want to ensure that you have an amazing time, and we couldn't do that without fans like you. Thank you again for all the love and support that you've funneled into the convention over the years, and we can't wait to see you again in 2014, at a brand new Yaoi-Con that is exciting, up-to-date, and as incredible as its fans.

As always, if you have any questions I can be reached at info (at) yaoicon dot com.

Hikaru Sasahara President
Source: http://www.yaoicon.com/
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
belligerent
Viking Metal

This doesn't really surprise me.

They are very welcome to prove me wrong, but I think this means 2012 was the last one. I know DMI is a different company, but this is really reminiscent of the kind of promises TOKYOPOP used to make.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Eveil
심바

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
This doesn't really surprise me.

They are very welcome to prove me wrong, but I think this means 2012 was the last one. I know DMI is a different company, but this is really reminiscent of the kind of promises TOKYOPOP used to make.
2012 is not the last one.
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Cosplay4Lyfe
The girl who Cosplays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveil View Post
2012 is not the last one.
Eveil is right. It even said in the quoting that it was coming back in 2014 ._.

Sac-Anime

Cosplays

Kagamine Rin (Vocaloid)(15% Done)(Confirmed-High Priority)

Allen Walker (D Gray-Man)(95% Done)(Confirmed)

Princess Zelda (LoZ: Twilight Princess)(0% Done)(Unconfirmed)

Zelda Goddess Form (LoZ: Skyward Sword)(20% Done)(Confirmed-High Priority)

Accounts

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/reneehearts7
DeviantArt: http://therandomstickgirl.deviantart.com

Cosplay4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

More cons in SoCal ? Yay !
I would have loved to be able to go for 2015.. But sadly, the con is 8 days before I turn 18. For that reason, I have to wait a year after to get over the age limit.
It's bogus, but I can see why they have that rule.

Glad to hear we have more cons in SoCal.. I will have to give this one a try when I am able.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosplay4Lyfe View Post
Eveil is right. It even said in the quoting that it was coming back in 2014 ._.
That doesn't mean it will actually happen. They can say anything they want but until there's an actual date and specific location, I will believe it when I see it.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
Yakuri
Former Ecristy85

I heard that it's moving to Long Beach? It really bums me out because I live 6-7hs away from SoCal and live up north, where we barely have Fanime. Moving up north was great in the sense that I could finally attend Yaoi-Con while on a budget because it was less than an hour away driving. Most of the cons I want to attend are way down and I can't afford to go to any.

Now if they invite Yamane Ayano again I will definitely go, but man I will have to eat rice and beans for like a year beforehand.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuri View Post
I heard that it's moving to Long Beach?
It already took place in Long Beach for 2012.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
Eveil
심바

Quote:
That doesn't mean it will actually happen. They can say anything they want but until there's an actual date and specific location, I will believe it when I see it.
I'm a staffer.
Unread 06-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
PrinceRoxas

There is another yaoi convention in January of 2014 called Ahn!Con. It's in Kansas City MO. here's the website for those that might be interested: www.ahn-con.com
PrinceRoxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #11
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
I'm a staffer.
That still doesn't mean anything, unfortunately. They've moved it back further and switched locations. There's no guarantee DMP won't be bankrupt before "fall 2014." I will be far less surprised if there isn't one than if there is.
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #12
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Quote:
That still doesn't mean anything, unfortunately. They've moved it back further and switched locations. There's no guarantee DMP won't be bankrupt before "fall 2014." I will be far less surprised if there isn't one than if there is.
Hope that isn't true... I am pretty excited to attend this in 2016.. >n>
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
Eveil
심바

Quote:
Yes it does.
There's still yet to be other plan annoucements that are not yet at 100%.
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #14
belligerent
Viking Metal

Again, no, it doesn't. Unless there is a set location and exact date, there is not actually a con. DMP has not been particularly transparent about anything up to this point, so I would not really expect to know one way or the other until a month before the event.

Quote:
There's still yet to be other plan annoucements that are not yet at 100%.
I would advise against speaking on behalf of DMP if you're not in a position to do so as that could possibly get you in trouble.