Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
gofictionradio
The Thunder Guardian

Stolen Commission Photos Problem

I've never purchased a cosplay costume online before. I've usually just stuck to things I knew I was capable of making over fear of getting dishonestly advertised products. My friend and I wanted to cosplay Yu and Yosuke from Persona 4, but I don't think we'd be capable of making the jacket well enough. I went on Ebay to seek out someone that could, and I found a great looking jacket for it. The problem is there are multiple ebay sellers advertising the same outfit, using the same pictures.

These two seemed the most legitimate based off reviews.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERSONA-4-Sc...20992552662%26

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Anime-Co...em1e75ea 969e

There are so many stolen pictures used to advertise cosplay commissions online that I'm at a total loss with where to order from. Does anyone actually know if either of these sellers legitimately made the costume that is in the picture? They both have generally good reviews, but I would hate to order it and end up with a totally different style jacket. For people that buy cosplay costumes, props, etc. online... How do you usually check if a picture is accurate to the product your purchasing?
gofictionradio is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Akahime
Red Princess

: ) I would either check in the Commissoner Review forum or the Other Reviews forum where people who bought their cosplay have reviwed many, many cosplay ebay/websites and commissioners. If you can't find what/who you're looking for, you should go ahead and post in there to see if you get any response! Good luck now!

Next cons: Anime Detour, Fanime, Anime Central, Anime Expo, and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
OtakuRoyalty
Otaku Prince

well first to help you out its Originally from FanPlusFriend. On the how to, view the image and toss into google image search. then track down the real location from the links there. Not always 100% that you'll find its origin, but the more info you gather the better the odds you can find out what your buying. I'd contact the seller as ask if its the same one from FanplusFriend or not

Good Luck! :3
OtakuRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote