Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 11-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Supercell

Alice Madness Returns skit help

Hey everyone !
So i might be at my next cosplay convention going to perform as Alice Liddel from Alice Madness Returns, buuuut i might need some ideas for a skit so its not turning out boring!
I havent really decided which dress yet, but i think it will be either the classic blue, Late but lucky or the steamdress <3
Im going to perform solo!

I really hope you guys can help me, thanks! :3
Supercell is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
MalteseLizzie

Solo skits are always a little difficult, but Alice is such an interesting character that I think you can manage something.
Do you have any props? An interesting skit could involve Alice interacting with a prop: a mushroom, the Cheshire Cat. Alternatively, you could have a range of props on stage, and using lines from the game, create a scene: perhaps eating the cake or mushrooms.

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Supercell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseLizzie View Post
Solo skits are always a little difficult, but Alice is such an interesting character that I think you can manage something.
Do you have any props? An interesting skit could involve Alice interacting with a prop: a mushroom, the Cheshire Cat. Alternatively, you could have a range of props on stage, and using lines from the game, create a scene: perhaps eating the cake or mushrooms.
Hey!
Yes i do have both the Hobby horse and the vorpal blade, i am going after a little action-ish skit
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
Midnight Dawn

will this be then a comedy or drama?
Midnight Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
carnival
tl;dr

Solo skits are... pretty difficult to pull off. Most of the solo skits I've seen were dances... or a character talking to the audience. I have only seen two solo skits that were successful at a masquerade. I think an Alice: Madness Returns skit could be promising. First you need to come up with some ideas to toy around with. Second, consider props and stage scenery to use for your skit. Now you say you want your skit to have a little action in it. That's good, everyone loves action! What will Alice be fighting? She could be fighting a stage prop that you make of one of the enemies in the game. But... it would seem weird if shes slashing at some cardboard cut out that's just sitting there. Maybe you could get someone to be a stage ninja for you, to help bring your enemy props to life?

Facebook page: Monochrome Tea
Tumblr: monochrometea.tumblr.com

2013 Convention Schedule
SacAnime Winter
Animation on Display
Fanime
Kintoki Con
Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Supercell

UPDATE!: I have found a partner so now were two on stage! . We where thinking of something between Wonderland Alice and Hysteria Alice or Wonderland Alice and Reality/London Alice. So if you have some cool ideas we could get some inspiration from, we would be very thankful! <3
Unread 12-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Adnarim
ROAR

Okay here are some ideas:

Dialogue of Alice talking about her fall into madness and you can switch between the characters. Regular Alice can explain the true wonders of Wonderland and how she got there. Hysteria Alice can explain the horrors of wonderland....
OR
London Alice can explain how she wants to forget all the madness or how the true madness is and Wonderland Alice can explain the horror madness of Wonderland.

For a more comedic route you can have a tea party of some sort...Tea Time with Alice!
Mention how the tea party is lame because there is no Mad Hatter and so on.

There's always the dance option? Perhaps like a mirror dance but with subtle differences depending on which Alice's you choose.

I hope this some what helps you out! Whatever you end up choosing to do I wish you the best of luck! (i really love Alice: Madness Returns)
Raiden - Metal Gear Rising
Ragyo Kiryuin - Kill la Kill
Paige the Notepad - Don't hug me I'm scared
Asari Commando - Mass Effect 3

Then: PAX South
Raiden - Metal Gear Rising
Lissandra - League of Legends
Lilith- Diablo 3
Tali - Dragon Effect
Adnarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

Oh this sounds neat. I have 6 of the outfits it was my very first Cosplay. I figured it would make sense with my name being Alice lol. This is something I would like to see.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
Scorpio8116

Have you considered taking a creepy route? Since you have two Alices, one idea could be (this is borrowing from an idea someone posted already about a "mirror" dance, if I'm correctly understanding what a mirror dance is) that the two of you mimic each other's movements and move slowly and creepily, maybe with puppet-like movement (if you've played to the end of the game, the puppeteering thing has even creepier connotations).

I just chimed in because that was pretty much what I was imagining when I read this thread ;
Scorpio8116 is offline   Reply With Quote