Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 12-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Furenism

Exclamation Need Help with Judal's bracelet and Scepter!

Hello, this is my first time posting.

I'm having a pretty hard time on what materials will I use in making judal's bracelet and scepter/wand.

http://static.zerochan.net/Judal.full.1382153.jpg
http://www.zerochan.net/1384238

Thanks in advance ^ ^
Furenism is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
nikkiolie

I just finished making my Judal and for the wand I found a princess wand at the dollar store and took off the start and used that as my base. I used model magic to create the raised peices and the detailing. For the gem I made the gem the way I wanted it out of bake clay and baked it then used baked clay to create a two piece mold of it (baked the mold as well). I got some easy cast resin and dyed it red and filled both halves. After the resin dried (usually a day or two) I took it out of the mold and glued the two halves together (I think I used hot glue but super glue would work too). You can sand the resin to make sure the edges are the way you want (this may get rid of the shine but don't worry). The last step for the gem was I used clear nail polish over the top and that restored the shinny ruby quality to it.
The end result of the resin gem

As for the bracelets I ended up using bangles that I got online from a halloween store. They were roughly $2 for 5. I used gorilla tape on the inside to keep them together then spray painted them. Pretty simple. Ideally I wanted to make them the same way I made my necklace and that was with thin, flexible pvc tubes. The necklace is just five tubes cut to the size I needed and painted. Instead of painting the outside I poured the paint on the inside and it gave them a very nice deep color. I bought a gem mold from a craft store that had an oval for the necklace and used the same resin to make that. Finished it with the clear nail polish for a nice shine.
Here is a close up of my necklace
Here you can see what the finished wand looks like.

After I made mine I found other more accurate reference pictures so I may end up remaking it.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote