You probably got lied too- I'd try a burn test to make sure of its fiber content. Also, bleach ISN'T the best thing to use for lightening a bit of fabric- bleach is great at destroying fibers and being uneven, and will either leave synthetics completely unaffected or completely ruined. RIT colour/dye remover will probably give you better results.
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm!
Originally Posted by Moofingham
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3