Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
MothMask
a bunch of nerds

video response series?

I'll be updating my casual!Gumi tomorrow afternoon, and I'm thinking of starting up a video response series on Youtube for Vocaloid cosplayers. How it would work, since proper video responses are no longer a feature on YT, is I would make an in-character video as Gumi, and anyone could make their own in-character Vocaloid video and post the "/watch?v=#" part of the url in the comments of my video, and then we would all just keep responding to each other that way! We could include out of character "get to know each other" sections in the videos as well, or have themed weeks. Whatever would keep everyone enjoying it!

Would anyone be interested in something like this?
gijinka!Jirachi (pokemon)

Wishlist
Cure Black (precure)
Matryoshka!Gumi (vocaloid)
MothMask is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
YuPuffin
Claims to be a puffin

Ah, this sounds like a lot of fun! I've been tempted to do video response things like this with a couple different cosplays I have, and I would do it for sure if these cosplays didn't take so long to put on x-x Including the makeup, my Gakupo cosplay can take anywhere between 15 and 25 minutes to put on and since I don't always have big chunks of time like that, I don't know if it would be worth it to spend that much time for such a brief video.

So yeah, I would be interested! But it might take some convincing and time management. :P

Cosplays I want to do later
Lucidia (Original character), Keiichi Shimizu (La Corda d'Oro), Rosalie (Tactics)
YuPuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2015, 04:38 AM   #3
Azure Elf
Elf of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuPuffin View Post
Ah, this sounds like a lot of fun! I've been tempted to do video response things like this with a couple different cosplays I have, and I would do it for sure if these cosplays didn't take so long to put on x-x Including the makeup, my Gakupo cosplay can take anywhere between 15 and 25 minutes to put on and since I don't always have big chunks of time like that, I don't know if it would be worth it to spend that much time for such a brief video.
Only 15 minutes? I'm impressed! My Luka takes 1.5 - 2 hours to fully put everything on. ;o
I think this is a fun idea, if you could get enough cosplayers interested.
Unread 02-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I would if I could..
I cosplay Akaito (as seen in the avatar to the left
<--
I am not big into internet things, like social media or even that into youtube..I mainly go on there to listen to music and the occasional watching a tutorial and some news. So I forget all about the response video thing..I didn't know they removed that..I wouldn't have ANY idea what to do for response videos though..
What would you DO in these videos? Like the only response videos I had ever seen where music related..Example of one I saw: one person would play a song on guitar and it'd be incorrect, then the video of the person responding would be the correct way..So I don't even see what you'd do for response videos in cosplaying..

Would this be like a chat thing? like you all respond to each others videos with your own response video? I'm kinda confused becasue wouldn't it be way easier to just chat in a forum at that point?
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
MothMask
a bunch of nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
I would if I could..
I cosplay Akaito (as seen in the avatar to the left
<--
I am not big into internet things, like social media or even that into youtube..I mainly go on there to listen to music and the occasional watching a tutorial and some news. So I forget all about the response video thing..I didn't know they removed that..I wouldn't have ANY idea what to do for response videos though..
What would you DO in these videos? Like the only response videos I had ever seen where music related..Example of one I saw: one person would play a song on guitar and it'd be incorrect, then the video of the person responding would be the correct way..So I don't even see what you'd do for response videos in cosplaying..

Would this be like a chat thing? like you all respond to each others videos with your own response video? I'm kinda confused becasue wouldn't it be way easier to just chat in a forum at that point?
The main difference between chatting on the forum and chatting in these videos would be that, as I said in the OP, the videos would be in character. You know those videos where cosplay groups do wacky stuff in costume and it's all implied to be the characters doing that stuff? They'll call each other by the characters' names and adopt their habits and stuff? It's like that, in-character. We would be acting, basically.

Aside from that, it'd be pretty open, but I might establish monthly themes or something of the sort. One month could be "Go on an adventure," another could be "Cook something," etc., and people would respond to the initial video playing along with whatever the theme is that month. Of course, you wouldn't have to do things by the t, exactly - if you weren't comfortable cosplaying out in public, for example, you could "go on an adventure" around your house.

We could definitely chat in-character in the videos, responding to each other, but we'd also need to be actually doing something active (like going on an adventure or ballsing around in the kitchen) to make it interesting.

I'm thinking monthly themes at this point to make it easier on those who need a lot of prep time. There could be a central channel everyone has the password to post to, or we could do "responses" the way I outlined in the OP from our own channels. What do you all think would be best?
gijinka!Jirachi (pokemon)

Wishlist
Cure Black (precure)
Matryoshka!Gumi (vocaloid)
MothMask is offline   Reply With Quote