Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 01-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
Khorrupt

What if you have piercings? :/

I was not sure where to put this...

But, I am doing a costume where I will be using body paint, and I have eight ear piercings per ear. I have seen a lot of other girls who do this same costume, and they will typically paint their ears too. The wig that goes with the costume is pretty long, so I suppose it would not be a big issue, but I have the habit of putting my hair behind my ears, and I know I'll end up doing at some point at the convention -- do you think it would look stupid? Should I just try to use the paint around the piercings? (Because I cannot take them out.)

Thanks
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
KidXister

I would think that it would mostly depend on the ear ring type. If they are the standard sterling silver hoops or barbells, it wont draw too much attention from the costume, but if they are brightly colored or huge they probably will. They do make clear plastic studs that you can put in.

I have an industrial, and a conch in one ear, and 2 lobe piercings in each ear, I also have to paint my ears and and put on elf ears for my cosplay. I will probably take everything out except the conch (just cuz it's a pain in the ass to take out and put back in). Paint shouldn't be an issue unless your piercings are brand new, even then anti-bacterial soap should be able to clean it out just fine. For safety sake though talk to your piercer first.
KidXister is offline   Reply With Quote