Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
lorainette

Red face Fiberglass putty and polyester resin fumes

Hello everyone!
I'm here for two questions
Lets begin about safety
I work with polyester resin inside. I'm using mask with filters that protects against organic and non organic fumes, acids, amoniac and so on, since I don't feel any smell guess I'm protected
Anyway I mentioned that I work inside, and I work in kitchen at the evenings when everyone is sleeping and I leaving open window. Doors closed so when I leave kitchen I don't feel that smell at all, so til the morning while my stuff cures does fumes fade away? I mean is this safe enough to work like that? I'm leaving open window for whole night, but still I'm a bit worried about others (it's winter outside, in low temp resind doesn't cure...) and I don't have much time
Also does fiberglass putty hold as well as fiberglass/resin mix? I want try it since I got it and dunno where I can put it. Nevertheless I will go try, but just wanted to check if someone tried it. Logically it should be strong as it got fiberglass in it
Thanks for the help!
lorainette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
PepMaster

Sounds like you're doing pepakura. First using fiberglass resin inside, the fumes will linger for a bit but put a fan blowing out the window should help with removing fumes. And not sure what you mean by fiberglass putty, do you mean bondo?
PepMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
lorainette

Thanks for the advice
Well it's like bondo but it has fiberglass pieces in it Just tried it, it's thicker than regular polyester putty (so called bondo)
lorainette is offline   Reply With Quote