Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
arsenicCatnip

flame princess!!

i was thinking of getting a buttercup or eowyn from arda wigs to style for flame princess, and possibly getting an extra pack of wefts to add in case they were necessary, but then i realized that arda has specific, backwards-wefted wigs for spiking that might be better suited for styling flame princess's hair in that sort of upwards curve.

i looked at both malinda and vegas, but then realized that neither came in a good color for flame princess, and i would really like to avoid dying the wig if possible, since i'm still kind of inexperienced with wigs, and styling this thing is going to be ridiculous already = w =

so right now i have to decide whether i want to try styling the normal wig and risk having the wefts show, or attempt dying a wig (which i am not that confident about, to be honest ; w ; )

what does everyone think? can i get away with styling a normally-wefted wig like that, or should i just go with dying one of arda's spiking wigs and then styling it?
arsenicCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

Ud still get wig showing if u style off of a normal wig and the cost to get more wefts might be too expensive..... I'd dye it
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
arsenicCatnip

in that case i think i might get the malinda wig, because i just realized vegas is shorter with a detachable ponytail (i think??) and that probably wont help me all too much.

but now that i look at it, i'm not sure if the malinda would have long enough hair to get the shape i need, whether i just stick it up with a ton of hairspray or (what i was considering doing) using a foam core to build the hair off of. this gallery photo of one that is styled in a vaguely similar way looks like it might be just a little bit too short. i may have to get the wefts anyway...

if that's the case, then i'm back at square one = w = at least looking at the malinda helps me realize that the wefts will probably be something i'm gonna get either way.
(i'll probably get the wefts because i would rather have too much hair than too little. i saved a lot of money specifically for this wig project so price shouldn't be too much of an issue ^///^)
Unread 01-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I personal find i prefer style my long wigs without having to dye them if I can.

Arda's Fire Orange (AR023) would have been a perfect shade but it's not produced yet, but if you have time you can put in a request for the malinda wig to be made in that shade.

Pumpkin (AR011) is my next choice. Because She has bangs I'm thinking this wig would make a good base choice once you straighten it.

http://arda-wigs.com/collections/pum...oducts/claudia
or this one as it has a skin top.
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/pum...products/eowyn

You can add weft if need be.
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/pum...cts/short-weft

Noe because she hair is such a large vertical structure I recommend making either foam shape painted the same orange of pillow in orange fabric to both add shape and support to the hair. It will also cut down the amount of hair need as well.

Also she hair has a downward small dip to trim in which will hide the hairline in the back.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
arsenicCatnip

yeah like i said in the first post i was planning on possibly eowyn, with wefts and a foam core thing, but i totally didnt know they had a fire orange color!! i looked it up and saw the jareth long in fire orange and it looks really nice on their site, but in their flickr gallery here it looks way too light, so i'm not sure.

in that case, i might just go with the pumpkin since it's already available in the eowyn wig and short wefts (neither is available in fire orange yet ;w; ) and is also a pretty nice color.

Last edited by arsenicCatnip : 01-07-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Unread 01-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
Ichigotakatsuki

I did something else. I myself made a flame princess wig.
http://kawaiinosai.tumblr.com/post/3...-where-did-you I have a whole tutorial that I put up
Ichigotakatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenicCatnip View Post
yeah like i said in the first post i was planning on possibly eowyn, with wefts and a foam core thing, but i totally didnt know they had a fire orange color!! i looked it up and saw the jareth long in fire orange and it looks really nice on their site, but in their flickr gallery here it looks way too light, so i'm not sure.

in that case, i might just go with the pumpkin since it's already available in the eowyn wig and short wefts (neither is available in fire orange yet ;w; ) and is also a pretty nice color.
Sorry to bump as this won't help you but I think that one is miss labeled. I looks like Light Copper Red or Ginger to me instead.

I have a swatch of the shade and it's literal a mix or bright orange and red. Love it.
http://www.warpaintandunicorns.com/2...hes-fiber.html

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote