Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 11-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
PantsuNe~
Banned

Want the fat between thighs gone....

Okay so I cosplay some characters that have slim and space between the thighs and I know other girls have this and I do not have any problems with any other part of my body besides my upper thighs.....

Any help? exercises? food? Help pwease T^T
PantsuNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
caroline_h

I think that running would be the best way to burn that flab. Although, if you have bad genetics like me, it won't matter how much you exercise. :-(
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

I think that gap is due to hip-bone placement - not necessarily fat or muscles b/n the thighs. A lot of ballerinas (or those who have done ballet during childhood) have this gap as well. So it could be genetics/bone growth, or prolonged activities that causes this gap.

I took jogging class, but the gap didn't appear. My legs were lean and fit though. I was happy either way. Till this day, no gap!

I heard others say to try pilates, and yoga.

2014 Events: Fanime (Nonon/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi - SDR2)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
natsuo
Wonderflexing

Yea I have tried everything but I have had the cursed "thunder thighs" since I was born. No way to get rid of it! :/

Like me on facebook!
www.facebook.com/natsuocosplay

Check me out on worldcosplay!
http://worldcosplay.net/member/51186/

Matsuricon 2013 costume plans:
Rika - Digimon Tamers
Blackrose - .hack
Popola - Nier

Ohayocon 2014 costume plans:
Mary - .hack//Quantum
Sasha - Attack on Titan
Kaine - Nier
natsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've naturally got pretty thick legs since I'm short and pretty stockily built (like many here have said, genetics and your bone structure does play a significant part. And much of the time people who's thighs don't touch are very, VERY thin, which isn't exactly healthy), but I've found so far that exercisees working the inside of your legs like ballet (or exercises taken from), lunges, squats done in a sort of split- I forget if they have a name besides a ballet pliť- and laying leglifts on your side so you're lifting from the inside of your leg, are a big help. And if you can go to a gym, those hip adductor/abductor machines. I take ballet twice a week myself and it's certainly worked wonders on my legs.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
~Ichigo~

You could be like me and unintentionally starve yourself ><, but of course that wouldn't be healthy lol. I actually hate eating food since my stomach doesn't really give off hunger signals so I just healthy snack through the whole day and im embarrassingly 122lbs :<. So, that defiantly works if you want to try it.
~Ichigo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Many, many (most) women cannot/should not have thigh gaps because they are not genetically predisposed to have them. The bone and muscle placement just does not allow for it. Personally, I don't think many people EXPECT someone to have the thigh gap or to even look for it.
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Kaito Yashio -Robotics; Notes (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Gai - Guilty Crown (Katsucon 2014, Completed)
Shu Ouma - Guilty Crown (Katsucon 2014, Dropped)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
FadedxLight
Keyblade Wielder

I know how you feel, but I think it's actually quite normal for girls to not have a gap between their thighs. ^^

But, I do try to work out all parts of my thigh (not just jogging)

I like to use the SNSD method

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHSa583n80Q

It starts around 5:40 (just to save you time)

I try to do this 3 times a day ^^

Hope this helps~!
FadedxLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #9
pokkypok

Thigh gaps are actually not a real sign of thinness, and they really aren't that noticeable in real life. I came across this post on tumblr that can describe it better than I can:

http://size10plz.tumblr.com/post/393...probably-arent
pokkypok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
arsenicCatnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krye View Post
I think that gap is due to hip-bone placement - not necessarily fat or muscles b/n the thighs. A lot of ballerinas (or those who have done ballet during childhood) have this gap as well. So it could be genetics/bone growth, or prolonged activities that causes this gap.

I took jogging class, but the gap didn't appear. My legs were lean and fit though. I was happy either way. Till this day, no gap!

I heard others say to try pilates, and yoga.
i've gotta second this one--thigh gaps are mostly genetic and based off of your bone structure, and how your legs naturally position themselves when you're standing/walking/etc.

there's no such thing as spot reduction, so you can't just burn fat in that area only, anyway. you can tone the muscles in the area, but it will do little/nothing to actually get the thigh gap.
arsenicCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
Berii

As people have said, the infamous "thigh gap" is genetic. You could always tone your thighs instead, that way they will be more fit. Exercises like leg lifts or yoga/pilates would be good for that(pretty much anything that has you working that area!).
If you're genetically unable to get a thigh gap, I'm sure there are kinds of shapewear out there if you absolutely must achieve that effect.
Berii is offline   Reply With Quote