Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 02-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Fudoo
Often lost

Squall/Spitfire's jacket.

Squall's

Spirfire's

I'd like to make or buy a jacket like this can anyone help? I'm trying to do it without spending a ton. They have different lengths so I figured I'd settle in between.

Last edited by Fudoo : 02-04-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Fudoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Both of these are completely different. Squalls is a pilot bomber jacket. Look them up. They are a heavy non leather material. Maybe a denim of some kind. While the other character's looks leather. Also, the lengths are so far off from each other that there won't be a good looking middle ground. If you are deadset though, I'd say a matte vinyl. You can find many online. I believe syfabrics is a the where I picked out the vinyl for my kh organization coat. And the best medium might be right around the belt area. One problem though. Squall has these odd pockets that stand out that the other doesn't, ad well as the other characters seems to have a flame picture on his sleeve where squall doesn't.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
Fudoo
Often lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Both of these are completely different. Squalls is a pilot bomber jacket. Look them up. They are a heavy non leather material. Maybe a denim of some kind. While the other character's looks leather. Also, the lengths are so far off from each other that there won't be a good looking middle ground. If you are deadset though, I'd say a matte vinyl. You can find many online. I believe syfabrics is a the where I picked out the vinyl for my kh organization coat. And the best medium might be right around the belt area. One problem though. Squall has these odd pockets that stand out that the other doesn't, ad well as the other characters seems to have a flame picture on his sleeve where squall doesn't.
I took notice of the alignment both characters tend to varie so I figured the belt area should be good. As long as I have the color down I should be good or close to it. I can't spend much more because of all the other characters I've been making so I'm trying to fit it into one. The pockets can be taken care of fairly easy as long as it's the same material. As for the fire mark I'm most likely going to go with a blank patch and hand draw/paint it. If worse comes to worse I'll do a separate squall later on.
Fudoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Ah see you already have the thought idea for them. That's good. If you wanted to, you could also make it out of heavy denim. It'll still look good. Both of them are around the same price though..I think the vinyl costs atad more though, hence why I brought it up lol good luck and I'd love to see the final product
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote