Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 01-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

Yet another roomshare!

Hi there~ I'm looking to fill my hotel room! I have five people so far, but the cost isn't quite down to what we can afford yet. I'm hoping to get, at the very least, two more people in the room. The only limit I have is no more than four more people. I've had this size room before and fit eight people comfortably.

We have a single king in the Residence Inn Marriott across the street from the Gaylord. It's booked from Thursday, February 14th, to Monday, the 18th. Myself and two others are driving to the con from Texas and will be arriving sometime Thursday evening.

We aren't really looking for any limits as far as who we want in the room. So far we are all girls, but guys are okay. No smokers, though. As long as you can keep your things organized and not come back to the room at ungodly hours of the night, you're good! xD

Please PM me if you're interested! I'm not looking to drop this room to join another, but if you and a couple friends are looking for roomies, we're glad to help!
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Meenah Peixes [Homestuck]
Castiel [Supernatural]
AU!Finn the Human? [Adventure Time]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Briana-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
Umichan40
Umichan40

What would the cost be if you included a sixth member?
Unread 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

The cost for six will be $162, but I'm really hoping to get seven so that it's under $150. I have a couple people interested I'm still waiting to hear back from, but I will consider anyone. ^^
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Castiel [Supernatural]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
onsenmark
ONORE DIKEIDO.

I'm waiting to hear about another room, but I'm keeping my options open. That being said, I have a few questions:

1) What would the price be for someone what only wants to stay part of the time? Ideally, I'm looking for a room from Thursday-Saturday nights(since I'm leaving Sunday evening)

2) You said "no smokers". I still kind of, sort of smoke, but I'm trying to quit. I have been using an electronic cigarette. Regardless, I know enough not to smoke in the room, lol.

3) Would there be any kind of problem with an age gap? I probably would be older than most(I had the first anniversary of my 39th birthday last summer, lol). I don't consider myself a creeper or anything, but I presume some people would have a problem with that.

4)Can you define "ungodly hours"? Just wondering.

Anyway, not committing or anything, just wanted to ask a few questions before I decide. Thanks!

Usual con retinue: Katsucon, Otakon, Nekocon.
onsenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

Alright! Let me try and answer your questions...

1. For the three nights, I would say for the amount of people in the room I would take $110. Granted if I'm able to get more people in the room than six (or seven, which I'm hoping for), then the price for you would go down.

2. That's fine, I was just trying to avoid the smell of smoke in the room because of allergies. No smoking in the room would be a given, too. x3

3. Age gaps are fine! The oldest of us is 25, youngest (so far) is 18. As long as we can feel safe, we're fine.

4. Ungodly hours would be like 3 or 4 in the morning xD I've had an issue before where one of our roommates came back at 5am making all sorts of noise and it was not only rude but very obnoxious. If you do have to come back that time of night, I'd like to make sure that you have a room key and can be quiet and respectful of those who are still sleeping.
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Castiel [Supernatural]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
onsenmark
ONORE DIKEIDO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briana-Sama View Post
Alright! Let me try and answer your questions...

1. For the three nights, I would say for the amount of people in the room I would take $110. Granted if I'm able to get more people in the room than six (or seven, which I'm hoping for), then the price for you would go down.

2. That's fine, I was just trying to avoid the smell of smoke in the room because of allergies. No smoking in the room would be a given, too. x3

3. Age gaps are fine! The oldest of us is 25, youngest (so far) is 18. As long as we can feel safe, we're fine.

4. Ungodly hours would be like 3 or 4 in the morning xD I've had an issue before where one of our roommates came back at 5am making all sorts of noise and it was not only rude but very obnoxious. If you do have to come back that time of night, I'd like to make sure that you have a room key and can be quiet and respectful of those who are still sleeping.
1) I can definitely live with that. I have a friend who's also looking for crash space, but she's not sure if she's going yet. If anything, I can give her a shout on facebook and see if she's decided on whether or not to go yet. If so, I'll send her your way and you can work out something.

2) That's good. I'd like to think that my parents(God rest 'em) gave me THAT much common sense, lol.

3) I like you guys already, lol. Don't worry, I'm not a creeper. I tend to be pretty chill, I think.

4) Noted. I'll try not to come back THAT late(unless panel), but if I do, I'll try and be as a mouse.

I have a couple more questions, but I'll send those in a PM. But I think for now... color me interested! If you can, get back to me on when and how you want to be paid, deposits, etc. via PM. And thanks!

Usual con retinue: Katsucon, Otakon, Nekocon.
onsenmark is offline   Reply With Quote