Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
jabberwocky-x

Wig advice for Santa (999)?

I plan on cosplaying Santa from 999, but I am really at a loss when it comes to approaching his hair. I'm especially nervous about his hairline, since it's all swept back like that. I've only seen two cosplays for this character before, and while both of them are amazingly done, I'm not a fan of the very visible hairline bump that so often occurs when you cosplay characters without bangs. I've never attempted a character with this kind of hair before, so any kind of help you could give me would be extremely appreciated! I don't even know where to begin -- Arda, my go to wig site, doesn't seem to have anything workable, so I'm trying eBay, but I'm floundering a little... thank you so much in advance for your help!
jabberwocky-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Actually, if you know how to make a wig cap smaller, the Melinda wig would be 100% perfect for this..
However, if you want to sew wefts in (which is easier then the making smaller lol) then you could use the magnum and it would work perfectly..Obviously both would be in white lol
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
jabberwocky-x

Thank you so much for your response! I've never tried sewing wefts in, and I'd be concerned about messing with the hairline on the magnum, but I will definitely have to take it into consideration now that you've mentioned that! I didn't even think about the malinda because it's so super long -- would it shorten well, do you think? I also have never tried making a wig cap smaller either -- in fact, I didn't even know it could be done! I do have a tiny head myself, so that's always been my biggest issue with Arda. I adore their wig quality, but their wigs are always so big!
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Oh you shouldn't have to do anything to the hairline on the magnum..it actually slicks back pretty well..All of arda's wigs do..It's the MELINDA that needs messing with on the hairline..
But yes it shortens well. It IS a bit long, I had to cut it quite a bit..But I got, first, a cloud wig sorta like the one in my avatar (that's a different one but that's the style I did), then I did one in a vash the stampede style.Yea having a small head is a bad with that wig though..Not something you will want to do..There are tons of wefting tutorials so the magnum should work just fine..It's just a bit of gluing wefts and sewing them in..
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
jabberwocky-x

Man, I still haven't ordered anything because I'm still hedging about which one to get. I like the look of Malinda, I like that the hairline's already slicked back (I've tried slicking back some of the other wigs I have and I'm never satisfied with the bump it creates), and the fact that it's wefted upside down is great because I can spike it without having to worry about my wig cap showing. But it's supposed to be even bigger than the other wigs Arda carries, and my tiny head is afraid that that'll render it unusable.

I tried taking a look at lacefronts in the hopes of finding something that could work -- do you think the Marty would be workable for Santa? I literally cannot find one single image of anyone who has a Marty to get a better look at it, and it's frustrating. I'm not sure if it's too short or not, or how it looks on an actual person...

Last edited by jabberwocky-x : 01-24-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
jabberwocky-x

That... is weird... I made this post last night but it didn't get bumped to the front page? It's still buried back on page three! No one can help me if they can't see it... If this doesn't move it up, I'll have to repost it because I do want to hear an opinion/advice on the Marty wig! D: