Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 09-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII...yes, it's FFXIII-3.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/31/li...0-ps3-in-2013/

Commence facepalms!
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

My reaction to this bullshit.
Unread 09-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #3
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

You wonder why I lost all faith in Square.

I can think of about 9 things they could make that would be a much better use of their time, money, and manpower.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post

I can think of about 9 things they could make that would be a much better use of their time, money, and manpower.
What are your 9 things? Mine are:

<> Einhander HD on PSN
<> Hire G.Rev to make Einhander 2 since there's no competent shmup developers left in Squeenix
<> A game that chronologically takes place between Drakengard and NieR.
<> Vagrant Story 2
<> 3DS remake of FF5
<> 3DS remake of FF6
<> FF7 remake. (maybe they can actually make it a good game, this time around.)
<> Theatrhythm 2, featuring music from various non-FF Squeenix games.
<> More NieR remix albums, maybe a touring concert or something.
Unread 09-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #5
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

1. Make a Mana series game and give them an actual budget.
2. Same as above, except for the SaGa series. (Last Remnant doesn't count)
3. Front Mission 6, Front Mission 1-5 are rock solid, I have no idea why Square doesn't give it any love. (I blame the spin offs)
4. FF 5 remake for 3DS.
5. FF 6 remake for 3DS. (ME AM SO ORIGINAL)
6. A Dissidia not for the fucking PSP.
7. Continue the Ogre series since the Tactics Ogre remake was absolutely amazing.
8. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 3.
9. A Chrono game.

It still makes me rage that they didn't bring Front Mission 5 over the ocean. I translated it, modded my PS2 and everything to play it, and it was well worth my time. Easily one of the best games for PS2.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 09-03-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

1. Vs. XIII
2. Vs. XIII
3. Vs. XIII
4. Vs. XIII
5. Vs. XIII
6. Vs. XIII
7. Vs. XIII
8. Vs. XIII
9. Srsly, guyz, VS. XIII.

Mostly because it's become the new Duke Nukem Forever.

Last edited by Quantum9 : 10-09-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I like Lightning as a character a lot, but... I haven't even bothered to play XIII-2 yet.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I like Lightning as a character a lot, but... I haven't even bothered to play XIII-2 yet.
After watching the presentation video,I'm left with the impression that this is directly what takes place after the events of XIII-2,don't quote me on that though,I've played both games and love them immensely
The Hume's ever skew history's weave. With haste they move through too-short lives. Driven to err by base desires, towards waste and wasting on they run. Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure. Eternal, we are hist'ry's stewards, to set the course and keep it true. The chosen is our hand - our fist - to let live some and to crush the rest.
ashelia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Wow. You read slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
If Squeenix is making crappy games, then don't play them. Play someone else's games. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I thought that she started out promising but didn't develop a personality beyond "grumpy". I liked Fang a lot better.

Me, I loved the game mechanic in XIII. And the Chapter 11 missions. And Baby Chocobo. I thought that the rest of it was pretty silly. Overall I liked it enough to buy XIII-2 (on sale) but I haven't played it yet. I have no opinion on XIII-3 since, you know, there's no information about it on which to base an opinion.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Overall I liked it enough to buy XIII-2 (on sale) but I haven't played it yet. I have no opinion on XIII-3 since, you know, there's no information about it on which to base an opinion.
XIII-2 feels a lot more streamlined as far as the battle system works out ,you should try it out sometime,the time that the characters take to execute your commands is surprisingly fast !

I'd go on about all of the differences between the two games but it's more about the perspective and actually playing the game, rather than watching the teasers for the game play ( I avoided those like the plague,and only watched the TGS and NYCC trailers after the first teaser was released )
The Hume's ever skew history's weave. With haste they move through too-short lives. Driven to err by base desires, towards waste and wasting on they run. Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure. Eternal, we are hist'ry's stewards, to set the course and keep it true. The chosen is our hand - our fist - to let live some and to crush the rest.

Last edited by ashelia89 : 09-03-2012 at 09:21 PM.
ashelia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Wow. You read slow!
I had to re-read some sentences, because they sounded so ridiculous the first time. Sadly, trying to make more sense of them yielded no success. Fuck's sake, we already have the FF7 series, we don't need any more FF13 except MOTHER FUCKING VERSUS.
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

i got so bored with FFXiii i did not bother playing FFXiii-2. i heard that FFXiii-3 is going to be about time travel and all this other crap. to me lightning was a boring character in FFXiii just did not care for that FF.

i think Square has so much on their plates right now (Game Wise) that they are just releasing games just because THEY want to and not listening to the fans on what WE want.

A lot of Fans WANT FFXiii-Versus

I think Versus coming out anytime soon is like (Waiting) for the Pacman-Mayweather Fight. It will be here but (WHEN) goes on for years since the first trailer but yet i hear they want to put it out during Launch of (NEW Console Generation)....

so yea, FFXiii-3 = NO
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Considering 13-2 sold fairly well worldwide, this comes as no suprise. It's an easy paycheck for Square, and it takes pressure off of FFv13/15/whatever the hell it's called.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Fuck's sake, we already have the FF7 series, we don't need any more FF13 except MOTHER FUCKING VERSUS.
Need? Do we need any particular game? Will we die without it? Less hyperbolically, will we stop playing games or stop enjoying games just because we don't get one we want or if one particular company starts making crappy games or even goes out of business? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdedman View Post
i think Square has so much on their plates right now (Game Wise) that they are just releasing games just because THEY want to and not listening to the fans on what WE want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Considering 13-2 sold fairly well worldwide, this comes as no suprise. It's an easy paycheck for Square, and it takes pressure off of FFv13/15/whatever the hell it's called.
Agreeing with SW - YOU WILL ALWAYS BE STARWIND TO ME!!!! All businesses make pretty much every decision based on one thing - what is going to make them the most money. Sure, sometimes they misjudge the market and make a stupid decision. But it's not about wanting to screw over the fans - it's about making money. If you don't like a game or what a game company is doing then vote with your wallet. There are plenty of other games out there.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Agreeing with SW - YOU WILL ALWAYS BE STARWIND TO ME!!!! All businesses make pretty much every decision based on one thing - what is going to make them the most money. Sure, sometimes they misjudge the market and make a stupid decision. But it's not about wanting to screw over the fans - it's about making money. If you don't like a game or what a game company is doing then vote with your wallet. There are plenty of other games out there.
Pretty much this. Sure Zwei wants some more Nier, and I'm sure there's like maybe 50 people outside of Japan who agree. But that game tanked review and sales wise in the US/Europe markets, where MOST games need to succeed in order to become franchises. Say what you will about 13, but I'm fairly certain that game sold more copies in it's first 2 weeks of release than Nier will see in it's lifetime.

Given the current state of the game industries, taking risks with cult-classics/new IPs is a bold move, and can be damning. Especially with J-rpgs, which outside of "main" Final Fantasies, don't do too well outside of Japan. I know Persona gets a lot of internet/press love (well deservingly), but those games don't do the same sort of sales figures, which like Hag said, is the important thing in the end.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote