AX Maid Cafe is now accepting applications for Anime Expo 2013 at LACC. We are recruiting new Maids and Hosts. If you are interested in being a volunteer staff at AX, please send in an application. If you know someone who might be interested, feel free to let them know.
The Deadline to turn in Applications will be February 17, 2013. Unlike before, there will NOT be multiple Application Cycles so be sure to apply now!
We encourage everyone to apply as soon as possible in order to increase your chance of being accepted. Staff positions are limited.
What is the AX Maid Cafe?
Evolved from the concept of cosplay restaurants, our maid event will feature staff dressed up in maid and host costumes. Our maids and hosts will provide an array of entertainment for their Goshujin-sama and Ojou-sama (Masters and Mistresses) to enjoy, such as interactive games, group dances, musical performances, photo ops, etc. If you're interested in customer service, cosplay or moe (cute) culture, this would be a fun experience. For more information about the AX Maid Cafe please visit our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AXMaidCafe
1. Must live in Southern California.
2. Must have reliable transportation.
3. Must be 18 or older or be 18 by the time of the event.
4. Must provide your own maid or host outfit.
5. Must be in good health.
6. Must attend most meeting and training dates.
7. Must be friendly, work well with others, and enthusiastic.
8. Must abide AX Staff Rules
Staff Perks: AX badge, Shared hotel room, food, AX swag, main event ticket etc and opportunity to meet other passionate and fun staff
To Apply for AX Maid Cafe: Send an email to maidcafe[at]anime-expo.org with answers to the following questions and attached pictures.
1. Your name and age
2. Email and phone number - When is the best time to call?
3. What position are you applying for? (Maid or Host)
4. Your location - Do you have transportation to come to the meetings in Anaheim?
5. What are your hobbies? What are some of your talents and attributes? ie. singing, dancing, drawing, cosplaying, leadership, sewing
6. What is your schedule like at AX?
7. Do you have a maid/host cosplay? If not, are you willing to purchase or make one?
8. Have you ever performed in front of an audience before?
9. What is special about you that makes us want to choose you to be a maid/host? We want to know a little about yourself.
10. Attach at least two clear pictures of yourself - preferably one headshot and one full body picture
11. Attach a video or provide a link to a video of yourself. Please choose one of the following to submit.
A. Record a video introducing yourself and telling us about yourself. (at least 30sec in length)
B. Perform a part of the Hare Hare Yukai dance, section 0:35-1:03 in this video
helpful link: slowed & mirrored (We do not expect the dance to be perfect, but please give it your best effort.)
C. If you already have a video of yourself dancing, you may provide that video instead.
D. Record a video of yourself singing or showcasing another talent that you have.
E. If you wish, you may send us multiple videos.
Applications will only be reviewed by AX Maid Cafe coordinators. If you have any questions, contact us at maidcafe[at]anime-expo.org or post in this thread.