Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
bardicwarrior
YT

New Member and New to Cosplay - Brooklyn, NY

Hiya, my name is Jenn and I am a independent photographer and gamer of PC and PS3. My favorites include FFVII, Portal, Spyro, Blood Rayne, Kingdom Hearts, Starcraft, Diablo 3, LoTRO, WoW, and Bioshock.

I am entirely new to conventions and cosplay. Having known about them and wanting to participate for a long time my friend has convinced me to purchase a ticket to 2013 Dragon Con and insist that I do in costume to which I am so excited about. We are going with a Star Wars theme this year and I have chosen Axkv Min; my friend is a clothing designer and has eagerly insisted on crafting the majority of my costume. This has inspired a few more cosplay ideas including Sylvanas Windrunner and Infested Sarah Kerrigan (I have a thing for queens apparently).

2013 is turning into the year of conventions for me as my boyfriend and I will be attending Pax East this year (I'm working on a low level Demon Hunter from D3 for that since my closet caters to the style) and I will be damned if I miss out of Comic Con again - had the chance to go but family was visiting from Europe.... should have gone lol.

I'm looking forward to brainstorming cosplay ideas with other creative people and spurring inspiration from the lovely photos I see here.

Cheers!
bardicwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Altrus
I love dogs!

Haha, a fellow PAXer (or soon to be, I've been to every PAX East so far)! Welcome to the world of cosplay, it's a lot of fun! Expect to get a lot of attention at PAX East, as cosplay is not as big there as it is at some other events. Diablo is sure to be a hit!
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
bardicwarrior
YT

Thank you so much for the welcome! From the galleries they have I've noticed it doesn't seem as big there but I can't resist, I associated costumes with Halloween, Festivals and conventions - plus I really want to fashion a go-to outfit as a demon hunter. Not sure if I'm going to stay true to the costume or add a pair of black horns I recently created (originally for a photoshoot but I think it'll come in use in this respect) for giggles.

Thanks again for the welcome and maybe I'll see you at PAX!
bardicwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
CorpseCosplay
.::Corpse::.

Hello! Welcome to the site! I am from queens new york and been looking for people to cosplay with as well =)
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
Essence_of_Aya
Epic Procrastinator!

Hello and welcome!

Like you, I'm new to cosplay - though I've been to my home con (SakuraCon) a few times. So far, the people here have all been super nice and quite helpful. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your demon hunter!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna (True Form)
World of Warcraft: Lady Sylvanas Windrunner & Ysera: Queen of the Emerald Dragonflight
Black Butler: Grell Sutcliff
Soul Calibur 5: Viola & Tira
Death Note: Ryuk or Rem

Essence_of_Aya is offline   Reply With Quote