Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 01-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
OneMadMan

Elbow length gauntlet

I am interested in putting together a steam punk themed glove that will have a couple gauges and some piping attached to the back of it. I'm envisioning a readout system a steam punk engineer could use while testing and repairing things. I plan to use an elbow length glove of some sort as the base. I think the best materials to use would be heavy canvas or leather.

I would honestly prefer to purchase the glove and then attach materials for mounting the hardware. The challenge I have run into is that I have not been able to find men's gloves that are elbow length and made of material that could support a bit of weight.

I can craft my own straps to better secure the gauntlet against shifting, but the base material needs to be sturdy enough. I will make the glove myself if need be, I would just prefer to avoid it if I can. This is where my request comes in. My google-fu seems to have failed me. They need to be men's gloves since I am 6 ft with hands that are not small. If any of you can recommend a good site to check out, or suggest alternatives, I would appreciate it!
OneMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I managed to find some promising stuff on eBay by using the keywords "leather gauntlet" this link is just for the "costume/reenactment" but there were other good ones pertaining to motorcycles.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Costumes-Ree...ather+gauntlet

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
OneMadMan

Thanks for the info

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I hadn't thought of checking ebay. It looks like it may be possible to get something close to what I'm striving for using a gloveless bracer and afixing it to a like colored glove. I will tinker with some concepts. If you or anyone else has any more ideas feel free to post them, fortunately I have plenty of time to prepare this so I can afford to be thorough in the research stages!
OneMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Penlowe

look at welding gloves too if you want full finger coverage.