Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
caroline_h

Wink When you need to GAIN weight to do the character justice

Hi all,

Normally you see quite a few threads about getting the right bikini body or toning up flabby muscles - but now I actually need to do the opposite. I need to GAIN weight and get quite a bit of flab to do my character justice.

See, I'm planning on cosplaying as the fat assed Vanessa Schneider in her spunky and infamous Papillon outfit:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3...llon001mo6.jpg

It's a very revealing outfit, and her fat butt is central to her character (anyone who played P.N.03 know what I'm talking about) so I need to get that as close to the original as possible.

But it's not as simple as eating to put on some butt flab, is it? You can't distribute fat where you want it... am I right? So if I start eating more than I use to, it might end up all over me - and I don't want that.

I could go on as I look now, but I think it would look weird in the end. Especially with those chaps she's got - they require the butt to be a certain size in order to look good.

Is there any secret tip for getting your butt fatter but not your overall body? XD LOL, this sounds crazy, doesn't it? The things I do for making the character justice... but at least it's a break from the get-your-bikini-body-ready norm.

Unread 01-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

You don't want fat. You want muscle. Look up exercises that work the glutes, if that's important to you.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
belligerent
Viking Metal

That's not what I'd call a particularly fat ass? She just looks "heterosexual male's ideal woman" curvy to me, not fat. Good to know what the standards are now, though, I guess.

No, you can't make your ass look like that if it doesn't already. You can get some more muscle there if you do exercises that target the glutes, but no, if you don't already store fat there, eating more isn't going to give you a butt.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
caroline_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
You don't want fat. You want muscle. Look up exercises that work the glutes, if that's important to you.
Yes, I do want fat. The character's butt isn't toned, it's plump.

I know it sounds odd, but that's how it is in this particual case.

Not all characters are fit everywhere, you know.
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

if there was a way for women to get the perfect butt without going under the knife, i think there would be lot less ugly butts in the world my dear. your going to just have to tone your butt muscles cuz unless your fat naturally stores itself there, getting that kind of butt is impossible without surgery. you cant choose where your fat goes, and where it does go is completely up to genetics.
as a warning, ill tell you. whenever I gain weight, it ONLY goes to my stomach. not my breasts or butt. iv got size A boobs and the flattest butt in the world but my stomach has fat! whatever i do i dont get fat on my butt. if you are unlucky like me you'll end up with fat in all the wrong places and none in all the right places... i wouldnt push my luck if i were you. its easier to gain weight than lose it.
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!

Last edited by CosplayJelly : 01-19-2013 at 10:58 PM.
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
belligerent
Viking Metal

I'm pretty sure most cons wouldn't let you in with buttfloss, also, so you may want to rethink this outfit.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I agree that her butt looks no larger than an average (in video game terms) butt to me. Why would it be such a big deal to have an average bum O.o; I agree, you don't want fat there; you want to tone it up possibly? This isn't a deal of "She's in vidya games so she must need to be super skinny." I'm just saying...it doesn't look huge/fat to me, coming from a chubby girl.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

You could just wear spandex mini short thingies ( maybe boyshorts might be allowed in a con)or something I dunno just so u can cos. Her and get into a con. I dont think itll matter too much to fans if your not wearing the official buttfloss.(pffft lol I love this word belligerent ur awesome) and it wont make too much of a difference ( I dont think) if you just wear boyshorts maybe or some kind of black booty shorts.
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
Ilafatyu
That guy

Do a google search on 'fat ass'. That is not what you're looking for. You want to build up your butt muscles.

See, when you gain muscle, it doesn't just make fat disappear. There's a layer of fat over the muscles, which is why a lot of women don't have a six pack even if they exercise a lot. Women naturally have a coating of fat over them, which makes them nice and soft instead of hard like guys.

I'm getting off topic, but just know that your understanding is a little off, and that working your butt muscles will make your butt appear bigger without the cellulite look. Do a google search on that too. It's not pretty.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #10
caroline_h

I feared that it had to do with genetics. But thanks anyway.

Well, I'm not going to wear it to a con, I never do. I always do private cosplay with my friends. So a bare butt is OK.

I have to say I'm pretty surprised that you don't think it looks fat. I don't say it looks anywhere near obese, but to me it looks plump and untoned. And all of my friends think so too. Maybe it's just a matter of different definitions? Or maybe different culture?

Anyway, I don't need more muscles back there because that's not what she has. But I thought about something. Do you think it would work if I started to gain weight all over my body, but then worked out so get rid of the fat in all unwanted places (like stomach, arms etc.)? That way I could keep the excess flab on my butt.
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #11
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline_h View Post
Do you think it would work if I started to gain weight all over my body, but then worked out so get rid of the fat in all unwanted places (like stomach, arms etc.)? That way I could keep the excess flab on my butt.
No.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #12
pinkkiller

Expanding on what Eau de Decus said, that's not how bodies work. You can not train specific areas to lose fat, it's impossible. It's a big marketing lie that the industry uses to sell people useless shit in order to lose fat "in the right places", but you just can't control that.
What you do when you train specific parts of your body is train the muscles of that part, it has nothing to do with the fat stored there.

You'll have to face it, the only reliable way to gain weight in your butt is to train it. Everything else comes with a risk of not getting the desired result at all - I wont tell you not to take it, but there really is no way to control where your weight goes, both when you gain it and when you try to lose it.

Last edited by pinkkiller : 01-20-2013 at 08:42 AM.
pinkkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
belligerent
Viking Metal

Looking at the common theme of this person's posts, I am going to guess they're trolling.
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
Ilafatyu
That guy

Probably trolling, yeah. Or willfully misunderstanding.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
firecloak

If you stick your tummy out, your butt will stick out too, and it will look fatter and rounder. Try to make an S-shape with your body. You can make your butt look fatter with the right pose/camera angle