Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #16
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
I'm sure you'll figure something out! I'd love to meet up and say hi, definitely! I've met only one friend at AB who'd been my friend on deviantart for awhile :> it'd be interesting. I'm currently a lone-cosplayer, because I don't know anyone who... cosplays, where I live (except for a few, but :S) i'd love to make some cosplay friends, definitely!

I swear New England is famous for extremely cold winters and really hot summers! I love it all the same but.. It's kind of ridiculous!

For AB I'm planning on Vocaloid Gumi :> she's my absolute favorite and I'm excited to hop around the con and be cute! Gah I love her character *u*. I'm hoping to find some other Voca. cosplayers there so we can take pictures together but I'm so shy sometimes;; haha
I hope so! I have a friend or two cosplaying from series and they offered me a place in there. s:.... but I only saw the movies for that series. :/... and lone? Really? D:.... Well, that ain't fun. Actually one of those friends lives up in New Hampshire. I forget whereabouts she said, but she comes down to Boston once in a great while to hang out. I know she takes the Haverhill line from North Station, but that isn't explaining much I suppose. >.o....

What do you do at AB exactly? I personally take part in the AMV contest, gameshows (Got into Family Feud last year, and definitely trying again this year!) and the rest depend on the other offerings.... like Anime Unscripted. c:

Yeah, it is. It's nasty! Can't it just be Spring time all year around? :/

Gumi?... *Google*... Haha, she IS cute. She kind of looks based on Ranka Lee though too. xD.... I don't blame ya. Cute >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cool. c:

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

Oh? What series is it? Yeahh unfortunately I haven't made many 'cosplay friends' yet. I usually go to the con with my friend Brittany or my.. mom LOL (she loves it). I'm about an hour away from Boston by car ouo/

I walk around a lot, actually! I go to a couple of panels, shop, take pictures etc. I haven't tried entering any contests but I love watching the AMV's and the Masquerade ouo. I don't think i'd ever be able to make an AMV orz kudos to you! The gameshows seen so fun too quq I just go with the flow I guess!? |D

I'm expecting to be mistaken for Ranka once or twice, actually. Their designs are really similar!

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
Oh? What series is it? Yeahh unfortunately I haven't made many 'cosplay friends' yet. I usually go to the con with my friend Brittany or my.. mom LOL (she loves it). I'm about an hour away from Boston by car ouo/

I walk around a lot, actually! I go to a couple of panels, shop, take pictures etc. I haven't tried entering any contests but I love watching the AMV's and the Masquerade ouo. I don't think i'd ever be able to make an AMV orz kudos to you! The gameshows seen so fun too quq I just go with the flow I guess!? |D

I'm expecting to be mistaken for Ranka once or twice, actually. Their designs are really similar!

Madoka. My close friend is thinking of doing Homura, and we know someone else who is probably going to be doing Madoka again. She said she thinks I should do Sayaka. s:.... And no kidding. Yeah, I started with one friend, then now, we have a group of 6 people *3 girls, 2 guys, and then me*.... your mother liking it is pretty cool. .... An hour away, huh? I am about 30 minutes by train, so I am probably about an hour by drive too. Maybe closer to 40-45 minutes. I live in Whitman.

Ohhh, should try to get into a contest or a game sometime. Really, you will make memories beyond your wildest dreams. I don't know if you know this, but I like crossplaying.... well, uhh.... I am transgendered, so I do in general. At Family Feud last year, I was Cardcaptor Sakura, and God, what a moment that was. The host chose me and didn't know, and when I talked, she was like "WAIT, YOUR A GUY?"..... and whenever it was my turn to answer, she would call me "Secret Surprise"..... God, it was awful, but rich. s: But yeah, you seem to do everything BUT gameshows, so why not?? :O.... Nothing more fun, trust me!

Yeah, I rarely see Rankas and she is the only character I know besides Gumi now that looks like that, so you would stand out to me at least. s:

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #19
darkrosedamael

HiHi. NH here. Been going to AB since '05, '13 will be my 9th AB and I can't wait. 4 months and counting.
darkrosedamael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #20
Cat_Marie

I'm from New Hampshire!!!
I have currently finished:
  • M'gann (young justice)
  • Ezio Auditore
  • Daenerys (GoT)
  • Party King Thranduil
Conventions I've been to/going to:
  • AAC
  • Anime Boston
  • Granite State Comic Con
  • Boston Comic Con
Cat_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrosedamael View Post
HiHi. NH here. Been going to AB since '05, '13 will be my 9th AB and I can't wait. 4 months and counting.
Wow, that's a lot of ABs. I was told by a friend not to go, but since she's only been to ABLinecon... Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Marie View Post
I'm from New Hampshire!!!
Hello fellow New Hampshireite! New Hampshirian? Whatever.
Which cons have you gone to?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #22
Eternalanime

I'm from Western Mass and I'm looking to go this years AB, it would be my first time. Hoping to cosplay/crossplay as well. The only trouble is travel, would like to stay for all 3 days but it's like 2 hours from where I live. Hope to maybe meet some people before then so we can get a room at the hotel.
Eternalanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
Vanilla_Rose16

Hello! I'm from Massachusetts and live 30 minutes from Boston, so I've been attending AB since last year now (this year will be my second) ^^ I wish there were more people from the New England area on here.
Vanilla_Rose16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #24
Ilafatyu
That guy

I think there are more around than we realize. It's just a matter of finding each other and keeping in contact, you know?

CosplayerKirito had a great idea with the AN13 Skype conversation he's running, though.

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Skype idea sounds cool if someone was to start one. Also, Vanilla, are you west, north, or south of Boston? If south, where abouts?

Unread 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #26
Ilafatyu
That guy

I'll start one. All I need are some Skype names and we can do this thing.

I'm ilafatyu on Skype, by the way.

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%

Last edited by Ilafatyu : 02-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #27
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

AkikosSpecialJam is me, however, I am at work right now, and a cookie for whoever gets my name's reference.

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
Ilafatyu
That guy

Anyone who doesn't want to post their skype name on a public forum can PM it to me. I just realized that some people might not appreciate their name out there for everyone in the world to see.

-

So Anime Boston's coming up fast, huh?

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Don't remind me. I still need cosplay and to finish my AMVs. ):

Unread 02-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #30
Eternalanime

That skype idea sounds interesting, with AB coming closer and closer would like to get things in line before then.
Eternalanime is offline   Reply With Quote