Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #121
D_Winds

Prepare for....the MORPHOSUIT.

The more suits that come to the convention the better, so *crosses fingers* I'm hoping for a faceless parade!
D_Winds is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #122
Tamerwolfknight

Who's the lucky person or people who'd like to take me under their wing, and teach me about cosplaying? XD

I was going to cosplay as Kanna from InuYasha, but decided that I needed more time to prepare even though Kanna's wardrobe is pretty simple. That and I didn't want to meet my favourite celebrities without smiling, as we all know Kanna has no emotion and I wanted to play her part well. I could have done a different character, but I also have to consider height, money, ect.

I would love to hang out with a group or even another person because I'll be by myself, as none of my friends really go to these types of events or even dress up. Oh, and I'll be going Saturday for the full day. Anyways, can't wait to see some of the awesome cosplays at FanExpo this year.
Tamerwolfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #123
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Pardon me, but FINALLY MURDOCH MYSTERIES cast is coming to FanExpo!!! My Mom is going to be so jealous. lol

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #124
emm_gee

so it looks like i'm going solo this year D:
i'm not really sure how I should put this but, is it a bad idea? like, how late does programming run? should I be worried about wandering around late at night alone?
emm_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #125
IvanBraginskii
Largest Country Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerwolfknight View Post
Who's the lucky person or people who'd like to take me under their wing, and teach me about cosplaying? XD

I was going to cosplay as Kanna from InuYasha, but decided that I needed more time to prepare even though Kanna's wardrobe is pretty simple. That and I didn't want to meet my favourite celebrities without smiling, as we all know Kanna has no emotion and I wanted to play her part well. I could have done a different character, but I also have to consider height, money, ect.

I would love to hang out with a group or even another person because I'll be by myself, as none of my friends really go to these types of events or even dress up. Oh, and I'll be going Saturday for the full day. Anyways, can't wait to see some of the awesome cosplays at FanExpo this year.
I'll be there Saturday! I'm going as Xemnas from KH amd and my sister as someone from KHR! You can hang with us
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #126
Tamerwolfknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBraginskii View Post
I'll be there Saturday! I'm going as Xemnas from KH amd and my sister as someone from KHR! You can hang with us
Oh, that's awesome and thanks!
Tamerwolfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #127
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm_gee View Post
so it looks like i'm going solo this year D:
I'm not really sure how I should put this but, is it a bad idea? like, how late does programming run? should I be worried about wandering around late at night alone?
I've gone solo for years. The programming each day end at around 6pm other then a few later event but most of those are off site. I start to book hotels Because I wanted to do more then one day and participate in the masquerade.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 08-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #128
carma_bee

too bad the 12th doctor's episodes don't start filming for a while, we'll have to wait till next year for cosplays of him.

2014 Plans
S7B Eleventh Doctor 90% done
Alison Hendrix (Orphan Black) 100% done!!
Winter Soldier 85% Done

Fan Expo 2014
Thurs: Alison Hendrix
Fri: Clara Oswald
Sat: 7B Eleven
Sun: Winter Soldier
carma_bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #129
emm_gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I've gone solo for years. The programming each day end at around 6pm other then a few later event but most of those are off site. I start to book hotels Because I wanted to do more then one day and participate in the masquerade.
ohh okay, that's kinda relieving. I do want to get a hotel room but I have no one to split it with. I feel like commuting is gonna cut down my cosplay options though
emm_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #130
Ardelia

Really looking forward to seeing everyone's cosplay! I'm very new to the scene, as I've only created a handful of props and accessories, so this will be my first 'official' time cosplaying! Wish I got into this when I was younger!

I'm planning on going as Clara from The Guild (costume based off her avatar's costume from the intro). We'll see if I get it finished in time for the con
Ardelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #131
fornoraisin

Hey everyone,

I am a huge lurker, but not a huge poster. I'm coming to Tdot from NB and will be attending Fan Expo on all days! I've got my costumes picked out for nearly everyday and here's my list!
Thursday: I really still haven't decided.
Friday: Dr.Mrs.The Monarch (Venture Bros.)
Saturday: Fem Captain America (or American Dream, whichever you prefer, I won't correct you either way!)
Sunday: Dark Phoenix (X-Men)
fornoraisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #132
SunAngel7

I'm so excited this year! So many great celebs coming! I'm almost done my updated Storm (X-men) costume.
SunAngel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #133
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

I am so behind!!! I have been working so much! D: Hopefully I can get everything done! Super stoked though! And stoked to hear everyone complain about it XD lol!

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #134
Lady Skye
Likes big hoops

Finally making decent progress on my Lady Loki cosplay, thank goodness for long weekends. I finished building the helmet, horns and belt pieces over the weekend, so now I'm just gesso-ing and sanding like mad lol

Currently working on: Princess Hilda (A Link Between Worlds), Anime North 2014
Lady Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #135
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I spent most of the long weekend in frustration on Nehelenia. I basically got nothing done for the work I put in. lol But that's because I'm trying something new with the dress instead of going simple (simple is an option and have time for that and could stictch the top out like a normal empire dress not problem.)

I've made my dress cups out of fosshape (the thin stuff in two layers) to get that bust hugging form she has and I'm trying to shape the fabric to them. I might have to cheat and use spandex in the end for the dress top portions. I'm going to focus on the gold parts now that I've solidified the method I'm using to get some progress done this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm_gee View Post
ohh okay, that's kinda relieving. I do want to get a hotel room but I have no one to split it with. I feel like commuting is gonna cut down my cosplay options though
I find the hotels go fast now compared to in the. For the past few year I've book early (like April) the room style I need and advertise here the space to fill.

Although this will probably the only time I'll be booking for Thurday night as well. I just need a room on Friday morning to do my body paint.

With Costume Con next year I'll probably on do on Fanexpo day that year (because the room do eat a fair amount up per con I go to for price. This year will be Over $540 for three nights splut between 4 people and that's cheep )

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 08-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.