Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions Wanted

Unread 01-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Rah

Lancer from fate/stay zero

I'm looking for someone to make a Lancer cosplay for me. It's the lancer from Fate/stay zero.

Budget is somewhere around $200. Don't need the weapons or the boots. I would like the shirt and pants to be made out of spandex material

Thanks

Unread 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
MajesticLunacy
Commissions & College

Reference images would help.
Unread 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
renren
Shiki★

Yeah, I agree, I'd be interested.
But I definitely need an exact reference image before quoting!

Thanks!

upcoming conventions
AWA
NYAF/NYCC

upcoming cosplays
odin sphere
& more

[ x ] acparadise
[ x ] facebook
[ x ] tumblr
Unread 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
Rah

Yea.. I didnt partly b/c i'm lazy partly b/c i wanted someone who was familiar with the character already.
Unread 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
MajesticLunacy
Commissions & College

Familiarity is no guarantee of quality. Furthermore, why would you expect a commissioner to work his or her ass off for you if you can't be bothered to link a couple of pictures in? It is not our job to do your work for you.
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
ichigo0213

Well maybe he is looking for someone who knows the character because for him personally would be better, no need to get upset, if you are really interested then just look it up. But you should probably specify which Lancer you want..
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
errido
Milzarr

I watched the anime and personally liked it a lot, but to be honest I couldn't remember every detail about Lancer's costume right on top of my head. I don't think someone would immediately know all the details of the costume just by mentioning of the name. In order to do that, one would need to intentionally memorize the costume when reading the manga or watching the anime, but then commissioners would probably have better things to do than to remember every costume they see. You wouldn't want a commissioner to make the costume from memory either, even if he or she is very familiar with the character.

Even if a commissioner knows the character well, you still want to provide reference pictures to indicate the specific costume for the character. And depending on your source of reference picture, details may vary. Without a reference picture, you may end up getting something slightly different than you expected, the color may be off etc.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I just want to let you what could possible happen. It is your decision but I'm just giving my advice.

Cosplay plans:

Nikon D7000+35mm F/1.8