Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
benihime
Kimono Queen

Still nothing. VERY UPSET

OK, so I thought that after getting such good service after I placed my order that'd I'd be raving about coscom's customer service. NOW IM FUMED.

It's been almost two months and I still don't have all my items from my purchase.

The first problem was that it was two weeks AFTER I placed my purchased, the tracking number didn't say ANYTHING and my friend who had ordered her wig the sale weekend already had hers.

SO I sent an email, got response within a day, and got things fixed. Not only that, But they gave me the sale promo so one of my gift certificates is now usable again.

So I got my package..and it was missing a wig.

The person I was corresponding with mentioned that, and even after trying to get MORE info, two weeks after that, I kept waiting, hopefully it would come.

But no... it STILL hasn't come.

I emailed again, and PM'd the admin, but now I'm extremely mad. This really seems to be the ONLY way to get a hold of anyone after something has gone really wrong.

This is REALLY BAD customer service. If it was on backorder...that's fine....but why wouldn't you notify me of that? Keep the customer OUT of customer service is the worst thing you can do...why? Because word gets around.

SO PLEASE, someone get back to me about my wig!

I actually got so frustrated, I ordered a similar wig on ebay from China and I got it 4 days after I ordered it.

So, I don't need the wig anymore, but that's not the point. If anything could be done (which it should since this wasn't my fault), I would like to be able to pick out a new wig.

I really hate to be coarse, since i'm not really that type of person, but this is getting a little ridiculous. And I know i'm not the only one who has had this problem.

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

No for the past 2= Year their has been no CS at all about orders that need to go on back order. They use to send an email saying that "this" wig is out of stock do you want to wait or get a replacement in another style in the same colour.

Were has this service gone and why is it now none existent for 2+ years. Why they stopped working this way is unfathomable to me. It like saying "so long as we don't need to talk to your customers everything will be ok but your shit out of luck otherwise".

I've been honestly afraid to voice my concerns on this forum because of possible backlash on me, post getting deleted (happened to me) or shutting down my account. I've seen this happen with other online venders sadly and I personally don't take well to treats.

I really wish they get back into their game. I'm not sure what has gone wrong in the process they use to have but it's been 2 years of this and it's sad that ebay it become more reliable because I'd like to by from shop.cosplay more often like the good old days.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
benihime
Kimono Queen

I agree... I love their wigs and they're having REALLY good sales. Honestly the only reason I ordered my wigs from this site is they had the color I wanted AND I have coupons from winning at Tokyo in Tulsa.

I'm really really sad about this. I don't like stores going under because of bad customer service...
and honestly i'm not worried about the backlash. Sometimes, places need a PUSH in the wrong direction to go into the right direction.

I would work for these guys in a heartbeat... I love customer service and would make it my #1 job to keep everyone informed and make sure every order went out 100%

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

benihime - This one is COMPLETELY my fault and I am so sorry. When you contacted me about the missing wig, I took it out of the queue to handle it for you myself, and then personally messed up on the re-ship.

I'm sending you a PM right now with the details.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
pooky
fuzzy pickles

I'm having the same problem. I ordered $103 worth of wigs on November 1, 2012. They gave me a tracking number in the next few days, but my package was never shipped out. You can check it yourself: 9405510200882537036150. I emailed them on November 14 but they never responded. I mentioned it in another thread and this was what Admin said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
pooky: All orders up through last night are showing as shipped, I'll check into yours and PM you with the info I find as well.
However he never PMed me. So about 2 weeks ago I PMed him asking about the status of my order. He still hasn't responded. The problem is that orders are getting marked as shipped but not getting shipped out. And the worst part is the nonexistent customer service. A complete opposite, compared to Arda and epic cosplay, who respond to email within a few hours.
All I can say is, at least put in your review in this thread http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=285425. Maybe if enough people review, they will stop ignoring the problem. It sounds like this issue has been going on for years. I am really disappointed.
pooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

pooky - I thought I had sent you a PM, sending one now.
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

More Coscom wig shop fun, it seems.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker), Medli (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker), Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
novaraven1

Yup, customer service is still at zero. good to know so we can keep clear of coscom shopping. ^^;

thank-you to benihime and pooky for posting so the rest of us can be reminded why the sales aren't worth the risk.
Unread 12-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Each of the specific situations in this thread has already been 100% handled, completely fixed, and each person has signaled to me personally that they are happy with the results. While these two situations were unfortunate, each was unique and was due to my own personal misunderstanding, and they have been fully taken care of.

If anyone has a customer service issue, email or call and it will now come to me directly and will be handled quickly. Once everyone is back from the holidays, I'm putting someone else onto customer service full time.

You can also PM me here on the site in an emergency. Orders are going out fast and have been for quite a while. Most of the questions we are getting are pertaining to restocks - we will be posting official restock information very shortly once our manufacturer gives us the exact shipment date, which could be as early as tomorrow. I have also requested a portion to arrive early via an air shipment, so that we can take care of everyone needing to order in time for for mid- to late-January events.
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #10
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Admin, have you considered hiring staff JUST for the wig company and their customer service? If you have folks for this already, they must need more help or you might need to rehire. This kind of thing just happens way too much. Like, way too much, and it's so unfortunate because it's such an easy fix.

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #11
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

It's very likely when our larger restock shipments arrive and things pick up a bit. Right now our daily email volume is easy to keep up with.
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
shortyinabox

I've yet to have any serious issue with CosComShop. I had one little issue at one point, but it got handled quickly and exceptionally well. I still use The wig store whenever I need a new wig and I've referred friends who have also not had any issues.

I think it's a real case of "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" cuz there's plenty of very satisfied customers, but the only ones to speak out are the rare issue ones.
shortyinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
jukebox
role models > supermodels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hee-Hee View Post
Admin, have you considered hiring staff JUST for the wig company and their customer service? If you have folks for this already, they must need more help or you might need to rehire. This kind of thing just happens way too much. Like, way too much, and it's so unfortunate because it's such an easy fix.
Quoted for so, so much truth.

At one point, I had one friend who had several of her emails and messaged ignored and had to resort to threatening this site with a class-action lawsuit to get her money back. And at least 1-2 other people I know who despite sending their money and sending several emails are still S.O.L. a year or so later. I won't be their lawyer or secretary, but this issue is consistently ongoing and could obviously be dealt with easily.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote