Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Unread 09-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Talking Hawkeye avengers price range

Hey guys i was curious how much do you think a hawkeye avengers cosplay would be. My uncle is thinking of cosplaying him next year. So, i wanted to give him amount he would need to save up for it. He is a big boned heavier set guy and he his tall. I dont have his measurements yet. But i was wondering how much do think it would cost when we deiced to get it commissioned.

pictures:
http://i43.tinypic.com/28sosd3.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2na8hn5.jpg
http://uk.marvel.com/avengers-assemb...n_HawkEye4.jpg
http://www.fansshare.com/gallery/pho...-the-avengers/
http://www.movietrailerreviews.net/h...yeprime588.jpg
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

It depends on how picky you are.

You could probably make a reasonable facsimile out of "found parts" for $1-200, maybe less if you got lucky at thrift stores or already had stuff. Provided you're willing to alter and modify things.

Doing it yourself would be anywhere from $100 to $300+ depending on how picky you are and what/if you want props and how you go about making everything.

I'd guess you could find someone to do it for $200, but that'd be really cheap and I wouldn't expect much - I'd guess $700+, easily more with props for something close to the film (I'd expect to see someone charging a couple thousand for a really perfectly faithful replica).

There might be a "Halloween Bag Costume" one out there for cheap, but it will probably look as cheap as it is - but if it's just for a day of fun and not as a serious costume that's totally okay.

Like I said, depends on how picky you are.

You can do a "modded thrift store stuff" that people will recognise. Unless this guy is a HUGE fan or really into the idea and wants to spend a lot of money I'm not sure commissioning is the right path. Great if it is, just be prepared to spend more than $200 to even get something entry-level. Think of it this way - I'd charge $20 an hour (a pretty average rate) because I'm not sewing for minimum wage (if someone is, you get what you pay for or you're basically abusing someone's lack of self esteem) - and if I have to work 20 hours to make that costume, that's $400 in labour. Depending on how exactly everything is made it might take more than 20 hours.

Sorry if you already know that about the cost of commissions - but I didn't want you to be caught off guard and wanted you to understand where the cost is coming from. It's like paying a mechanic to fix your car - often labour is equal to or more than the parts themselves.

Decide on your priorities and what you care about. Maybe think about just having someone make the vest and wear a pair of pants with normal knee pads - that'll significantly lower cost and won't hurt the costume all that much unless he cares about being super accurate and doesn't mind spending the money to do so.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

well i cant really sew . so i was wondering what you guys thought a commissioner would charge for his top and pants. 400?
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
littlemissnerdy

I found this on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/16170247...earch_type=all
DeviantArt (Brand New): LittleMissHawkeye

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

oh wow its only hundred dollars. do you think they still be offering it in june. That would make it cheaper for him. i could get the vest there and pants from someone else. so maybe all together plus extra stuff we gather might be 200-300?
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
littlemissnerdy

Honestly for the pants, I would just go with black jeans, or maybe cargo pants or if you want the skin tight look, perhaps motorcycle pants.

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Kelley
Devil of Details

It looks like it's from a semi/mass production operation - so not exactly a "commissioner" and not prices you'd pay to commission someone. They also didn't use materials like in film - which can make things cheaper than commissioning someone to try to use materials as close as possible.

Since they are such a new show I'd want to find reviews and pictures of people wearing the items if possible. No one has reviewed them yet.

One thing I'm concerned about is that they're using the exact same picture for the "faux leather" and "cowhide" versions of the item. This is one picture of one garment used to sell two totally different things. Who knows what the item you'd actually get would look like.

Now, I think that if you got a product that looked like the picture, that's pretty great ! It's not exactly like the film, but people would certainly recognise it just as well and that's what matters. I would just be careful when buying from these kind of operations - make sure you're getting what's in the picture. You might check out other mass-production operations if this level of accuracy/etc is okay with you - it will also give you an idea of what sellers have stolen pictures to help keep you from being scammed.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

@ littlemissy if i did that how would i get the straps and knee pads on the pants.
http://www.movietrailerreviews.net/h...yeprime588.jpg
Unread 09-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
littlemissnerdy

You could make the straps and knee pads can be purchased. People use them that work construction or even for gardening or sports.

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC