Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 01-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
vizardvalor

registering for a hotel help

Hey people,

I'm not sure if this is the right place since most people use this forum for photoshoots buttt... When I tried to register for a hotel on the Otakon site, it said to put all the people I'll be in the hotel with. I know four people will be in the room (including me) but I'm not sure who. But my question is "Can I make up names to fill in the spaces of roommates?" or is there a way around this.

Unread 01-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
zero_set_dai09

Booking hotels you should only need theprimary card holder who is registering the room, if thats you than only your name than.
zero_set_dai09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
vizardvalor

Thank zero. When I called the people that handle the hotel thing, they said I'm suppose to but I kind of knew that I don't have to put everyone's name.
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
zero_set_dai09

no problem
zero_set_dai09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Ironhill

If you are arriving later then the other people, you should list one of them so they can get the room open and not have to sit around waiting for you. Otherwise it doesn't matter in advance.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
vizardvalor

Thank you for the advice.
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
poskii

Quick question, when you registered for your hotel did you register through the Otakon website? We did it through the website and it asked for our credit card (we have the full amount for the hotel on it) and they didn't take anything out of it yet? They sent an e-mail saying we're confirmed but it's been 2 weeks and they never touched the money. Does that mean anything? Whenever we registered for a hotel it was through their actual homepage not the Otakon website and we would just pay it in full when we registered for it. Otakon didn't even give us an option to pay for it or even put a down payment.
poskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
Lahteedah

The money wont be taken out until the actual convention I believe. A month-ish before the convention the reservations are sent from the website to the hotels... I think its possible for a hold to be placed on debit cards or something but.. As of right now the hotel doesn't even know who will be staying.
Lahteedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
poskii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahteedah View Post
The money wont be taken out until the actual convention I believe. A month-ish before the convention the reservations are sent from the website to the hotels... I think its possible for a hold to be placed on debit cards or something but.. As of right now the hotel doesn't even know who will be staying.
Thank you so much! We were a bit worried, but that's good to know! Hopefully they don't overbook or anything and we really do have a 100% sure thing of staying. XD We have had an instance once where they told us we were reserved but then the hotel overbooked and told us "Oh sorry but you're not allowed to stay, we're all filled up" literally the week before the con. ><
poskii is offline   Reply With Quote