Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Should I order from fm-Anime?

Hai guys!

Mkays, so after killing myself looking for a good/decent wig to cosplay as Hungary (from Hetalia) I found this gorgeous wig from FM-Anime. It's the right color, style, and most importantly it's the perfect price; considering the length; soo jack pot :P (...I think?)!

This is her:http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/50...eeshipping.jpg

And this the wig: http://www.fm-anime.com/aph-axis-pow...wig-p-669.html

I looked into the FM-Anime Review thread and i've read that some people who ordered wigs from there and got exactly what was in the photo; even though I also saw some people who ordered from there got... ripped off (mostly regarding the costumes but i'm not ordering one). So, mixed reviews but nonetheless they look legit to order from; so should I go ahead?

P.S:
I also looked into Arda and they had 2 wigs that I could use, but not necessarily the color I need.

Black Widow (Captain America 2, civilian alternate; Falcon's house) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2, civilian alternate #2; escape with Steve) - In progress

Others:
Elsa (Frozen) - Planning
Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - In progress
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I've ordered wigs before from FMAnime and so did my friend and the wigs always were perfect. I think wig-wise they're good. Actual costumes not so much.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Akune-chan

If you want to get a costume, I suggest Ezcosplay.com.

I won second place in their Nov. 2012 and got a free costume of my choice and omg, it was beautiful. I couldn't be more surprised (and this was the first time I ever 'bought' my cosplay, so I was shocked).

As for wigs, I think you might have a better time going on Ebay and getting a wig from there. I was supposed to get a costume from FM-Anime + wig and I just backed out because of the lack of reviews.

I also know that there is a Costumer Review of "go to websites" somewhere here on cosplay.com.
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

Fm isn't the worst but I always say arda just because the price difference will b made up in shipping.... Fm's shipping price is crazy!
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

I'll take it as a yes then? Okay, thanks for all your inputs, I greatly appreciate it.

If I can get a little more:

Speaking of Arda (because im dying to get an Arda wig, theyre all gorgeous!) I was thinking of going with this one in Sandy Brown:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/luthien or their Ferrari in the same color but for some reason they both come in the same color but the colors looked different. I understand due to monitor settings and the light they used for the photo but one looks really dark and the other really light.

@ animenerd: o_o youre right! I checked their shipping and if I were to buy it id end up paying almost $60! (not that id cheap out on a wig but theres only so much id spend on one wig; and if I read it right.)

Thefivewits also has one because I dont see it listed anymore for some reason...if it wasnt in stock, it would probably say that. Either way its $50.

And lastly Im sorry for the really long response, i didnt expect to write so much xD

Black Widow (Captain America 2, civilian alternate #2; escape with Steve) - In progress

Others:
Elsa (Frozen) - Planning
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Emrys

Anything from FM-Anime would be shipping from Hong Kong, which is probably why shipping is so expensive.

As for the Arda wig colors - I think the Ferrari photo for Sandy Brown is actually the Warm Light Brown photo - not everything is up/correctly placed in the photo previews. Here is their customer photo gallery for Sandy Brown: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/ard...7626374030898/
(I think a lot of the photos in there are overexposed, so it's probably not quite so blonde IRL)
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
Anything from FM-Anime would be shipping from Hong Kong, which is probably why shipping is so expensive.

As for the Arda wig colors - I think the Ferrari photo for Sandy Brown is actually the Warm Light Brown photo - not everything is up/correctly placed in the photo previews. Here is their customer photo gallery for Sandy Brown: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/ard...7626374030898/
(I think a lot of the photos in there are overexposed, so it's probably not quite so blonde IRL)
Ah, ok. I see.

yeah, I knew something was a bit off for the Ferrari photo. I might end up choosing the Luthien in Sandy Brown if I don't find anything else. I saw the Ferarri in Sandy Brown and its really really pretty but it too short x].

Others:
Elsa (Frozen) - Planning