Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 01-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
iluvyunie

makeup question

Hi everyone, i just wanna ask for tips... our country is hot because its a tropical country, that's why i sweat a lot in my face and also especially in forehead, and i'm also have oily face...

my question is, what kind of makeup should i put on my face, like sweat proof something like that? so that if i put make up for the first time it works perfectly fine, coz i don't want that first time to be a disaster...

sweat proof make up or a make up that stays even i sweat a lot. thanks in advance^^~...
iluvyunie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

First, try to find skin care items to help reduce the oiliness. These are usually oil-free products, and sometimes labeled as "mattifying".
To combat the sweating, look up clown makeup online. Products such as Proface No-Sweat are applied to skin before makeup, and help reduce sweating.
I also recommend blotting papers, as they can eliminate oil before you reapply powder throughout the day. Good luck and hope this gives you some ideas!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
iluvyunie

whoa thanks for that good answer^^~ that help a lot^^~ thanks~
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
iluvyunie

Hi, i have another question about makeup....

how can i achieve a flawless skin? well i don't have something to conceal but i want to achieve a very good after-makeup look. so how can i do it?

i just follow this steps...

1.put foundation
2. put concealer if needed
3. no idea
4.????
5.???

so should i put something after the foundation or concealer? like powder or a makeup or blush on or what? what is the best?

btw, i'm a male hehe... is it OK to put a lot of make up even though i'm a male~

btw the one i'll be cosplaying is lelouch lamperouge of code gease, any suggestion?
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

foundation, concealer, contour! (this makes it a little less obvious you have makeup on but alsp brings out your face shapes), then a light blush or bronzer (since you are a guy you dont want a really pink blush, just a little tinge so that you dont look pale) then powder.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
iluvyunie

thanks for the answer^^~... what kind of powder? do powder come with different colors? xD sorry i'm not familiar with powder, the only powder i know is baby powder huhu~

so sorry haha i can't ask someone with this kind of questions, its awkward hehe~
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Here's a great tutorial for someone like Lelouch. You may not need colored powder, as it should come in a colorless version, called "translucent". Loose powder looks like baby powder, but it also comes in a compact, which is easier to travel with.
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
iluvyunie

thanks again^^~ another thing^^~ what should i use for contouring? i watch a vid from youtube, he used the one that he used in his eyebrow, and other uses eyeliner, ...

i have a thought about using darker foundation shade? ^^ sorry again for noob question xD~
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
iluvyunie

another thing? what should i use for contouring? coz some uses the one for eyebrows, or eyeliner, whats the best?
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Some people use bronzer. I also use eyeshadow. Either can work just fine.
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
kyronami
Crossplayer

If you want a very smooth flawless finish you need to use a primer under your makeup
kyronami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #12
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

When you're contouring, you want to make sure that whatever you use is a matte color. Anything with shimmer will just bring attention to the area when the point of contouring is to add shadows. I've used bronzers before but sometimes they're too light for contouring since my tan is permanent haha. Powdered foundation is probably my favorite thing to use since it's usually matte and comes in a variety of shades.

I don't know if you have it in your country but L'Oreal True Match Powder Foundation is a great powder for oily skin (I have oily skin too and it's my favorite everyday foundation) and has absolutely no sparkle in it.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
iluvyunie

thanks thanks~
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #14
Higpi
No.

USE A FINISHING SPRAY! It will keep your makeup on your face even if you sweat. Here's my routine.
Moisturizer on face after cleansing, primer, foundation, a teensy bit more pimer then translcent powder which is also called setting powder then finishing spray. It keeps your makeup on you face for hours. For the fixing spray also called finishing spray, i'd recommend the Skindinavia spray. This will keep your makeup from sliding off even if you are sweating and dont forget your primer! And since you have an oily face you should put moisturizer before putting on makeup because if you dont, your face will start producing more oil because it will think your face needs to be moisturized. I use smashboxx camera ready bb cream and this is a life saver for me. It has a tinit moisturizer, primer, spf 30 sunblock, concealer, foundation, oil control, its oil free, and it even help improves your face.
You can buy the skindinavia here www.skindinavia.com
The translucent powder i use is the n0.7 setting powder.
Higpi is offline   Reply With Quote