Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
county1883

I need advice about makeup

hi i posted this thread on cosplay critique
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=326086

and someone said too ask on here about foundation i know nothing about makeup an never used it and dont know where too begin
here is the comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I think so. Definitely got the smile for it.

I can't tell if it's the camera or your complexion, but for a cutesy character like Honey, you might want to invest in some kind of makeup powder stuff. It makes your face look really smooth in pictures, and if you apply it lightly, it's not obvious in person. Consult the makeup subforum for a better explanation, this isn't my area of expertise.
here is the charater i am cosplaying any help would be great

thanks ^.^

Unread 07-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

You can probably get away with powder foundation or BB cream. Since you're in the UK, visit your local Boot's/Superdrug and see what products are in your budget. For BB cream, MUA and No. 7 seem to be popular choices, according to the websites. Powder foundation is a dry option, but you may need a special brush to apply it. Hope this gives you some ideas!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
county1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
You can probably get away with powder foundation or BB cream. Since you're in the UK, visit your local Boot's/Superdrug and see what products are in your budget. For BB cream, MUA and No. 7 seem to be popular choices, according to the websites. Powder foundation is a dry option, but you may need a special brush to apply it. Hope this gives you some ideas!
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Both, but with the powder you'll need a brush; for BB cream, you can use your (clean) fingers.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Liquid foundation or BB can use fingers, but powder will need a brush or powder puff. You'll need to set the liquid or BB with powder anyway, so it will stay in place and not be slightly sticky. I think the problem is more balancing your complexion so it's even like Honey's, hence the suggestion on makeup to begin with! All of it is easy to apply though; powder can be overapplied with a puff or sponge though the brushes they can come with can do the job for as cheap as they are.

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

I like using liquid foundation for cosplay nowadays but I feel like there's a bit of a learning curve. When I first started getting into make up, I always wore Bare Minerals foundation for school dances and for cosplay. It looks wonderful in pictures and is extremely easy to apply. They like to use the phrase, "Swirl, tap, buff." Which is exactly how you apply it. It comes in a powder form. My mom bought me a kit that came with the foundation and a powder brush but there are definitely affordable alternatives to the brush. I hear Real Techniques brushes are very nice.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote