Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Kid - Chrono Cross - Accessories?

So, I'm pretty much a total newbie when it comes to making your own cosplays (I have no previous sewing experience other than sewing little bits of vinyl onto spandex for Anti-Spiral Nia, never made props, etc.) and I'm looking to learn!

I'm at a total loss for how to make Kid's accessories. This includes: Necklace, Belt, Dagger/Sheath, as well as the gloves and boots (And those bandage socks? Ohgod.)

If anyone could give me some pointers, I'd -really- appreciate it. I'm also not too sure of good places to look for materials I could use such as fabrics and paints and such. This newbie could really use some aid.

Please and thank you!

Reference picture!: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../5/51/Kid1.jpg
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

For the necklace, Model Magic would be a good idea. It's easy to form and you would poke holes in it to string it all together with durable beading wire. The boots would have to be boot covers to get that exact look, and you would want to use the same material for the gloves to match. The bandage socks are probably the easiest - for costumes that require this, I use the self-adhesive bandages you can find at Walmart - they look great and they won't stick to your skin and be a pain to remove. The dagger and sheath could be attempted in any number of ways, since it's a small prop.

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Yuffie from Kingdom Hearts, Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
Noose

Also, for the bandage socks, to save yourself having to wrap and rewrap them all the time, buy stretchy linen-esque fabric and sew it to socks, leg warmers, or a sewn tube of the same fabric, so they're always the same. The belt doesn't have a visible buckle in this picture, so you might have to attach it with hidden clasps, snaps, or buckles. You can make a belt like that out of a pleather fabric with a stiff interfacing, or a wide crafting leather strap.
Noose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

I'm having the hardest time finding some suitable boots to alter to make her shoes, which is irritating me. I'm no cobbler, so I won't be able to make them on my own. :/

Does anyone have a good idea for them?

Current Cosplays WIP
Lux - League of Legends - 30%
Panty Anarchy - Panty & Stocking - 40%
Supergirl - DC Comics - 60%
Nurse Miku - Vocaloid - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

I've actually made Kid's accessories! I used large wooden beads painted and strung on twine for the necklace. The center bead I embellished with clay (paperclay in particular) for the shape. The belt was interfaced fabric, I think I used suede and then grommeted it. I made the dagger out of foam and clay and the sheath out of vinyl, sheath symbol out of craftfoam and tacked it on with a stitch or two.

Here's a link to my progress, if you'd like to see: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...87028&type= 3

edit: If you can't find boots, find a decent base shoe and make covers.

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote