Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 02-01-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
lukeoftheaura

"Wait for a moderator to approve your post"

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum, and whenever I post, it asks me to wait for a moderator to approve my post before it is posted.
I know why you do this to stop spam, but it can be a little annoying making a reply to someone's post in a thread then once it's approved the post you were replying to is pages back in the thread. Also, it only seems to happen half the time.
lukeoftheaura is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #2
fabrickind
Aspiring Senpai

I believe there are certain things that trigger the spam filtering, such as links, photos, and possibly certain keywords, which would explain why it's only filtered half the time.

Once you become a more established member, though, the filtering stops, so there's that.

I think that what this forum might need is an increase in mods to help clear out the queue faster, though. A lot of the ye olde mods of lore have moved on. Believe me, it's also frustrating established users when we see a thread where filtered posts suddenly pop up and we missed some information or otherwise -- sometimes people will post reference pics in replies, etc., and those may not pop up until later, or sometimes people have interesting things to say in some of the long and constantly used threads in the general cosplay section, but the conversation has moved on, and no one sees those posts because they end up 5 pages back.
Unread 02-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeoftheaura View Post
Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum, and whenever I post, it asks me to wait for a moderator to approve my post before it is posted.
I know why you do this to stop spam, but it can be a little annoying making a reply to someone's post in a thread then once it's approved the post you were replying to is pages back in the thread. Also, it only seems to happen half the time.
You're past the spam queue on your account, so it shouldn't be an issue moving forward.

The queue itself is cleared out a few times per day on average. It also catches almost all of the spam.

Statistically, each day has around 20 items in the queue. It's not a huge number to oversee.

What's more, before the queue was put in place some years ago, we were getting closer to 100 spam posts per day, so its very existence over time has had the additional effect of causing spam houses to look elsewhere.

So, while it can be frustrating, it's the most effective tool we can utilize.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote