Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 03-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
jesskohina

Gaining weight

So if the title wasn't obvious I'm trying to gain some weight. I've always had a fast metabolism but...4 kids and nursing in and I'm sad to report I still can't keep any weight. I'm so tired of being really thin. It's getting to the point that small sizes fit me big

Anyone know how to help with gaining weight? I've tried eating more calories, just outright eating junk, protein, etc nothing is helping me and it's starting to really bug me
jesskohina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-28-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Kekewy

You may want to talk to your doctor if you're losing weight despite eating more. Other than that, have your tried strength training? Building muscle will help you look bigger and fill out clothes a little better.
Kekewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #3
5kyMarshall
The Sky's The Limit

If it is really bothering you, seek medical advice.

I too had the same issue. Including EVERYTHING you have mentioned.
However, I ended up taking carb supplements along with my increase calorie diet. However, I was also exercising ALOT. It was extremely difficult and I found myself bloated alot and struggled with intake, but the supplements seem to have worked for me.

I gained about 15+ kgs (33 Pounds) over 6-9 months. I got the weight I wanted and stopped the supplements. I am now steady on my weight on my own diet (still junk).

I am now terrible with running, often overheat, riddled with stretch marks from weight lifting xD
5kyMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2016, 06:43 AM   #4
Viveeh
mango puff

I had the same problem and I got over it with the help of protein shakes, I made a large shake every day with full-fat milk, protein powder, cocoa, and vanilla syrup after working out. I drank it at night before going to bed, and during the night your body builds muscle and stores the extra energy. Also try eating meals a little bit bigger than you think you can. It's really hard, you have to really put your heart into it. Best of luck.

I got 10 kg (22 lbs) and have been able to keep it on. I'm back to my normal diet. Very happy.
Calne Ca human ver.
Prince Alphie

Support me
My Instagram

Last edited by Viveeh : 03-29-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
ilafatyu
That guy

If I don't consciously stuff myself and keep an exercise regimen going, I drop to ~80 lbs, so I get where you're coming from. I set myself on a schedule so I was basically always eating. Exercise helps me a lot- Kung fu is my thing. If so many things haven't worked, you should consider talking to a doctor. And don't let them fool you into thinking it's not a big deal because it's the opposite of most people's weight issue.

Right now I've made it up to around 90, I'm proud of myself.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #6
samwillow39

hey, i have the same problem wit you..
i want a sexy body, big butt
samwillow39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #7
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Have you had your thyroid checked out lately? First and foremost, talk to your doctor about that.

I'd also imagine 4 kids keeps you going 24/7.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #8
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
Have you had your thyroid checked out lately? First and foremost, talk to your doctor about that.

I'd also imagine 4 kids keeps you going 24/7.
I second checking your thyroid- in fact, having kids can screw it up. Its not common but it can happen. If you're experiencing other symptoms of hyperthyroidism (easily googled, but a few others are easily overheated, fast heart rate, insomnia and muscle weakness) you definitely need to have it checked and probably have it medically treated- Hypothyroidism, the opposite condition where your thyroid doesn't produce enough, nearly killed my own dad and I have to routinely check my own in case it's hereditary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #9
thealins
Banned

Eat more, be healthy, this would be do good to your body.
thealins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2016, 09:35 AM   #10
amaionyi
amaionyi cosplay (´&amp;amp;#8704

my advice is apetamin lysine syrup, you can feel yourself gaining weight lol. thwe first day i took it i slept for 14 hours so if youre starting do it on a weekend, but i gained like 15 pounds in a week.
amaionyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #11
X.A.V.I
O.T.L

I have a super fast metabolism as well. The only thing that works for me for gaining weight is eating three meals a day and drinking a protein shake at night before bed as well as working out. (lifting heavy weights, no cardio)
X.A.V.I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2016, 01:28 AM   #12
AliceHalverson

Include milk products in your diet and have fruits like banana and dry fruits like almonds, cashews, etc. They will help you in gaining weight.
AliceHalverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #13
AlexandrMin

Quote:
Originally Posted by X.A.V.I View Post
I have a super fast metabolism as well. The only thing that works for me for gaining weight is eating three meals a day and drinking a protein shake at night before bed as well as working out. (lifting heavy weights, no cardio)
Same thing with me,but i trying to eating four-five meals and small snacks between.Also,with my metabolism for me really hard to get any fat,even then i tried junk food diet (a lo of burgers, french fries and soft drinks )
AlexandrMin is offline   Reply With Quote