Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 07-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
ImpossibltyGirl

How to lose inches off waist?

For Otakon, I'm going to be cosplaying Nozomi Tojo from Love Live. I'm ordering a costume online and, unfortunately, the biggest size it's available in is just 3 inches too small in the waist and 4 inches too small in the bust!

Is it reasonably possible to lose 3 inches off of my waist in 6 weeks, if I'm fairly strict? I have no idea what 3 inches would translate to in terms of actual weight lost. Do you lose an inch off your waist every five pounds? every ten pounds? is it wildly different from person to person?

Anyways, I'll probably buy it for motivation even if I can't fit into it by the time the con rolls around (or I might try my hand at taking it out a little bit lol). Any advice on how to maybe expedite this process would be appreciated. I'm currently counting calories and eating around 1300-1500 a day (with some cheat days here and there!), as well as cardio and light strength training 5x a week. Thanks!
ImpossibltyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
StarsOfCassiopeia
Sparkle & Shine!

I'm honestly not sure about the inch to fat loss ratio thing, but if the outfit covers the midriff, maybe consider corseting? Or general shapewear? That can do quite a lot for you with no effort, but definitely keep up your current routine!
  • Blanche (Pokemon GO): 0% (Planning) MAGfest 2017
  • Lelouch [Emperor Robes] (Code Geass) : ??% (Patterning) Katsucon 2017
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
ImpossibltyGirl

Huh, it never occured to me to try shapewear! I'll have to see if I can find something that might help slim me out those last couple of inches, lol. Thanks!!
ImpossibltyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
12WolfZ
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibltyGirl View Post
Is it reasonably possible to lose 3 inches off of my waist in 6 weeks, if I'm fairly strict?
It is definitely possible, but you have to work hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibltyGirl View Post
I have no idea what 3 inches would translate to in terms of actual weight lost.
Do you lose an inch off your waist every five pounds? every ten pounds? is it wildly different from person to person?
Depends on your genetics, where you carry your fat and such. The only way to find out is to try.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aferjackcosplayz

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdV...fgPL9mNxnCGgRw
12WolfZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2016, 02:57 AM   #5
torimori

>The only way to find out is to try.
It's true!
torimori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
Vexation
king under the fabricpile

I lost 12 lbs and about 2 inches off my waste. Conversely, I knew someone who lost 15 and only 1 off her waist. It does vary vastly from person to person.

If actual loss of weight is not an option, shapewear certainly is. For the bust, try using a sports bra in lieu of a normal bra and, as mentioned before, corsets are great for adjusting waist size. When I was at my heaviest, I wore a corset under some of my lolita dresses on the rare occasion I would wear them.

Be wary of corsets, though, because they shave off inches but can add a bit of bulk. And make sure you get an acutal, steel-boned one, and not just a "fetish" corset.
currentproject:
oropher

You're so far in the closet,
you're in Narnia!
Vexation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #7
KristinaQuinn
Harleen Quinzel

Waist trainers, corsets... and you can go on pinterest and search routines to help work those muscles that ring around your waist... erm, I forget what its called

Next con: MCM London (October 2016)
KristinaQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #8
Cosplay Prince
Cosplay Filmmaker

I recommend caution when dieting/exercising to lose weight. You'll want to take it steady so that your body's health doesn't deteriorate.

Specific muscle group exercises won't focus impact on fat burning in those areas of the body since the body tends to burn fat uniformly no matter which muscles are being used.

A local tailor could probably loosen up a costume a bit if it's too tight to breathe in, and there isn't enough time to get the body there.

CURRENTLY SETTING UP TO LAUNCH IN OCTOBER 2016
Cosplay Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #9
lovePINK1990

I just signed up for a program designed to help you lose inches healthily and add tone. I start next week so I can't personally say if it works or not yet, but the pictures I'm finding on social media are pretty amazing. I can tell you though, looking at the program it's VERY strict. I think the reason it works so well is there is zero wiggle room, so I wouldn't bother signing up unless you're prepared for 6 weeks of hellishness :P

In case you're interested though it's called Body Shred. It's 6 weeks where every day is plotted for you exactly what to eat and how to work out in order to reach your goal.
lovePINK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2016, 01:19 AM   #10
Kazukichan

As someone with a physical disability who also can't afford to eat healthy, I am also interested in hearing about how everyone has lost weight.
Kazukichan is offline   Reply With Quote