Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 04-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #1
missionYCO
Dancin' baby, ParaPara

Fitness DVDs

So I started the Stephanie McMahon Fit Series DVD today and I want to see if anyone else is using DVDs or workout videos to lose weight. I've never been into going to the gym or running, so I think DVDs are ideal for me. Any recommendations too, if you've done videos before?
missionYCO is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Dendrobite

Really any routine is a good idea because they push you to do things like warm up, cool down and push yourself just a little bit harder to do all the workouts in sequence.

I've gotten noticeable results from the Daily Burn series of workout videos. I like them because they have a good variety of workouts depending on your current level and ultimate goals. I've been doing their LTF program to prepare myself for WonderCon. I actually just restarted it while bulking to build up some lean muscle.

Daily Burn also offers some nutritional information which is helpful for beginners. It's not doing me much good because they don't account for bulking. Neither does FitBit oddly enough
Unread 04-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
missionYCO
Dancin' baby, ParaPara

That's true, I don't know if I'd do warmup/cooldown as much if it wasn't built into the videos I am watching. I'll check out Daily Burn.
Unread 04-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
RiDE

I've never been to a gym but I've had pretty good luck with Jillian Michaels (she has a bunch of DVDs out but I just stick with 30 Day Shred which takes about 30 minutes from warmup to cooldown since I have to do her in the morning before work or I won't do her at all lol).

Since using her (Monday - Friday) I've definitely noticed an uptick in my stamina and my body is starting to look more toned (arms, stomach, thighs) than before. She's not for the faint of heart, though - I sprained my chest (!!) back in December from lifting too heavy of weights with her so I had to stop for a while. But I do think you get results if you really push and try.

A bunch of her videos used to be on Amazon Prime IIRC.
RiDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
missionYCO
Dancin' baby, ParaPara

Oh yeah, I was using 30 day shred for a while, but I hurt my legs doing the butt-kicks so I had to stop.
Unread 04-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #6
Tiara

I do some youtube work outs from time to time(fitnessblender channel). Specifically the short work outs(ex. 5 minute butt/thigh)
Tiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
missionYCO
Dancin' baby, ParaPara

People keep recommending fitness blender but I haven't checked them out yet. It's good to know they have shorter exercise videos!
Unread 04-29-2015, 07:16 AM   #8
LipGloss
BigBacon

I actually won a small voucher that counted as a gift card for beachbody.com and have been messing around with 21 Day Fix (Extreme). Extreme is for body building so I'm actually gaining muscle mass, but her regular 21 Day Fix promises weight loss in 3 weeks. The key to results is dedication to a clean diet - and that doesn't mean sacrificing tasty food, it just means learning how to eat only as much as you need. I use the gym as well, but really if you're inexperienced in exercise and maintaing form - dvds are safer because they only make you do what they think you can figure out alone at home. I'd say picking up a dvd kit you like, smart food choices, and cardio every other day should help the most.
LipGloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
missionYCO
Dancin' baby, ParaPara

Those are some good tips, LipGloss! I also recently picked up a beachbody kit, but I won't start it for two weeks since I need to finish the fit series dvd first. I find clean eating to be the hardest part of getting fit. I eat a TON of carbs and chocolate is always my weakness. Learning not to eat when I'm not hungry is tough.
Unread 04-29-2015, 11:56 AM   #10
LipGloss
BigBacon

OMG being hungry is in fact the hardest part of it for me. I guess I should add some tips on dancing around that!

The way to conquer eating wrong starts with what's in your house. If you still live with your parents or someone who pays for the groceries that isn't you, it becomes hard to keep the unhealthy snacks, treats and carbs out of your reach. What I did, since I am a college student fortunately able to live off campus, is I bought myself a small refrigerator for my room so that any and all cravings do not require me to look through the other food in the house.

Bread is my ultimate weakness. Once you can't have it, you realize just how much you really have to avoid. By convincing yourself you are full though - you will begin to weaken your cravings. I tend to either eat edamame, tomatoes, almonds, or drink water between my largest meals to prevent excessive snacking. Due to my metabolism, I eat 6 times a day, breakfast - 2nd breakfast - snack - lunch - snack - dinner. If you starve yourself, you can actually put on more weight than lose weight depending on how your hormones respond to it - so be careful!

Cheat days are inevitable, just time them well and be reasonable about just how much of that chocolate, bread whatever you REALLY need.
LipGloss is offline   Reply With Quote