Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Unread 03-02-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
Tevina
Mangekyou Sharingan

ANBU from Naruto?

hey I'm considering making an ANBU costume for me friend. Problem is, I can't find ANY pictures or screenshots of the ANBU peepz! I'm looking for the ones where they are in their big cloak like thingies with the hood. (The stuff that they're wearing when the 3rd Hokage is fighting Oro on the roof). Anyone know where i can find some good reference pics of ANBU? (Btw: Not Kakashi when he was an ANBU; cuz they wear different stuff). Thankies!
Tevina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

There's a few headshots of Kabuto here: http://www.endless-hosting.com/~naru...o&page=2&max=2

Basically, I think they wear the usual black and grey/white anbu outfit, with just a normal, large-sized black cloak on top. I don't think it's anything other than that. You can find cloak patterns from simplicity, mccalls, and more. Try www.sewingpatterns.com or visit your local fabric store.

Also, this webpage has boots: http://www.party-party.co.jp/fanjine...nbu_andaru.htm Looks like anbu boots might be higher than normal ninja shoes. Couldn't find feet shots, so I haven't any input on that.

Good luck.

EDIT: Found this page, too. Enter, then multimedia. Pick an ep. Episode 69 has a few. http://www.narutoex.com/#

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!

Last edited by Eleryth : 03-03-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #3
4z]\[ _ 13oI
L337 57uD3|\|7

Eleryth u r0xXx0rz!!!
but do u have any info on the ANBU soldiers, the normal ones with out the cloaks? im nopt sure how to make the armour, in cosplay do people usually make actual hard armour, or do they just make it out of cloth? cuz im out of ideas for the armour
4z]\[ _ 13oI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2004, 05:57 PM   #4
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

People make it out of whatever they want to. If you watch their movement (meaning, watch an episode and pay close attention to that vest piece), I think it's more of a thick padding than an armour. I haven't seen anyone make a real anbu vest yet - most use a cut up t-shirt or tank-top to get that look. If you want more details, search this thread for "anbu kakashi" - there's a whole thread on it (even if you aren't being kakashi, most of the information is the same).

Best thing to do is try to sketch out yourself what you think it looks like, where the pieces are, what materials you'd need, the pattern shape, etc, and then attempt one out of scrap material (bedsheets work well) to see how well your pattern works.

The arm/leg guards, you could use foam with plastic sheet, just foam, cardboard, fiberglass... search props forum for some ideas.

Good luck with everything!

Unread 04-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #5
pyrosam
APPLE JUICE NOTHING MORE!

hey I have a picture of the anbu soldier here hold on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anbu-kakashi.jpg (35.6 KB, 84 views)
Unread 04-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
Tranquility

I'm going to be part of an Anbu group and we had a hard time finding pictures too. My brother made some screenshots and found a couple pics from the anime though. We still don't have any good ones of the bottom of the robe. Hope this helps. (^_^)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AnbuRef1.jpg (40.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg anbu5.jpg (13.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg AnbuRef4.jpg (68.7 KB, 68 views)
Tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 12:52 AM   #7
blargh

when i made my cosplay for anbu i mostly used pictures from the manga as reference pictures. also i had someone screenshot anbu members from the anime. there were some good pictures from the anime. for the vest type body armor that the anbu have, i made mine out of a not shiny vinyl type material with no extra padding. there's a picture of my vest/body armor with the mask. for the black shirt that the anbu wear under the vest/BA was a turtle neck sleeveless shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anbu.jpg (14.9 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by blargh : 04-26-2004 at 01:19 AM.
blargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 01:25 AM   #8
on3_w1ng3d_4ng3

You could try the pictures of the ANBU team in ep 79 when they're watching Hayate's grave. The chick with the purple hair is scary when mad btw....
on3_w1ng3d_4ng3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 05:44 PM   #9
riot_o_curls

do you know where screenshots of ep 79 are?
riot_o_curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #10
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Try http://narutoex.com/ or www.naruto-kun.com for images. Since ep 79 is fairly recent, they might not have any up yet. Just be patient, I am sure it will come eventually. The other option would be to obtain the episode, and do screen caps on your own or just pause the screen and sketch things out.

EDIT: Looks like naruto-kun is doing a site overhaul. They had a great gallery before, let's hope it will be up soon.

Unread 05-02-2004, 01:05 PM   #11
gaidensensei

blargh can you get a close up of that vest? I'd like to see it closer so I can get a better view of what it looks like materialwise..
Where did you get such non-shiny vinyl material?
gaidensensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2004, 05:30 PM   #12
blargh

i got it from joanns i'm sure you could find it at any fabric store i imagine. i'll try to get a closeup picture once i find out where i put my vest XD
blargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2004, 04:10 PM   #13
pyrosam

my freind "kaori-chan" got the fabric for the costumes in a joan's fabric store... and does anybody have any clear shots of what the boots look like .... all of the ones Ive seen are blury... tank j00 :japan:
Unread 05-03-2004, 06:35 PM   #14
Kisndy
n00bie<3

I was wondering what kinda materials people used to make the ANBU masks out of?

Eleryth posted a link above for boots:
http://www.party-party.co.jp/fanjine...nbu_andaru.htm

I couldn't find a good screen shot though :P sorry
Unread 05-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #15
pyrosam

I thought the boots were the normal boots with like an attachment... *like sasukes arm thing but black* but anyway does anyone know oe to make a really really really good anbu mask... besides paper mache' cuz some people in my "secret naruto group" need to know