Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
lex_luthor
Glitter Cannon

Cosplayers in Toronto/Southwestern Ontario for Anime North 2013?

Ahoy all!

I'm looking for a few friendly cosplayers who are planning to go to Anime North 2013, and who wouldn't mind being part of my research project. I'm a grad student researching cosplay and fan culture, and part of my project is participant observation - meaning (in this case) that I cosplay with other cosplayers and document the experience. I'd also really like to document the construction of costumes and props - partly for research, partly because I'm always looking for new methods myself~

If you are interested in participating in my research, then please drop me a line (either by private message, or reply to this thread) and we'll get in touch about meeting up and discussing the specifics of your involvement. (**I will assure you complete anonymity if you do not want your name associated with my project.)

If you don't want to be part of my research, but would like to meet up at Anime North and hang out (or just chat about cosplay, anime, and video games for kicks), that would be awesome too! ^_^
lex_luthor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
lex_luthor
Glitter Cannon

Edit!

I forgot to put in my initial post that anyone who is going to AN 2013 can post here to organize get-togethers or group cosplays!

On that note, is anyone into doing an Arc Rise Fantasia group cosplay? I'm planning to be Adele (Real Diva version)~
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Kagomekai

I will be there all weekend (as Sailor Mars and maybe something else too) so I'd be up for helping you with your project.
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
emm_gee

idk if i'd be of any help but i do attend anime north! so the get-together part sounds good to me~
i'm gonna try to cosplay but i'm having so much trouble deciding on what
emm_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Me! Been going to AN since 2007. Cosplaying Quorra and a gijinka of Twilight Sparkle for this year. I'm not the hugest social butterfly but I'll happily give some information or whatnot (and how I made things. Though some of Quorra's being kept a secret.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Yo!
Im going next year!
Im cosplaying from Yu-Gi-Oh (GX and Zexal) Friday and Saturday and Sunday im cosplaying from Hetalia (im being Scotland). I'll probably a bit shy at first but ask away ^^
You can even ask my some friends too if you'd like since ill be with them .

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
AkinaNokita

I go to Anime North every year and I'd love to help out, if I can. For science! *puts on lab coat*
I love meeting new people at cons and I'm also a big gamer and sci-fi geek. Yay!
I plan on going as Malon from LoZ and, time allowing, there may be many plush Cuckoos involved >.<
AkinaNokita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
sarahluvbird

I'd love to help. I am attending AN13 as Yoruichi from Bleach c:
Iv'e been wanting to cosplay as Maka Albarn. Does anyone know if there's a reasonable website and i also need help on the wig and the contacts. If anyone cosplayed Maka, can you please help me? ;3; onegai. lol I need help now xD
sarahluvbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
lex_luthor
Glitter Cannon

Awesome! Thank you all so much~ ^_^

I'm a bit hyper, but I'll try to be mellow when I meet with y'all.

I know it may be a little early to ask this, but which day would you be free to meet? And (for those who are helping me with my project) would you be comfortable if I did a group interview (it would end up being more like a big conversation, and I would interject with questions every so often)? If not, that's totally fine - just let me know and we can meet for an interview separately.

If you'd like to chat before the con, let me know! I'm free to Skype or meet in person, if you're around Toronto or Southwestern Ontario~

@emm_gee - it sounds like some chums of mine are doing a Super Smash Bros. Brawl group. If you're interested in joining in, I'll send you more information. What anime/games/things are you interested in?
Unread 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
Mae-Gwyn
Mae-Gwyn

Possibly Attending

I might be attending AN this year depending on work and the dates and transportation. I will definitely be cosplaying if I do go however! I will probably be Mokona from the Clamp universe and Chii from Chobits though not too sure what else. I shall let you know if I am going as I would be down to help in this research project!
Unread 01-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
Mae-Gwyn
Mae-Gwyn

:(

Alas I just checked the dates and I won't be able to attend the con this year as I am heading down to Anime Boston for that same weekend! Anyways good luck with your research!