Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 03-02-2004, 10:34 PM   #1
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

Angry I've never ever recieved a actual personal message just tons of conformations!!!!

Everytime I check my personal e-mail I recieve another one of these:

Cosplay.com Mailer New Private Message at Cosplay.com

In the message I get a automated reponse that tells me the user that sent it and a link that directs me to my private cosplay.com messages folder. When I click the link or when I check it normally.....I never ever have anything in my mail box.....NOTHING....well except the 7 or so personal messages that I sent out (I'm not even completly sure that those got sent either ...but I'm pretty sure that they were sent....but I know I cannot recieve them)

I would like to have private messages like the rest of the users on cosplay.com. I don't want to ignore the fact that my private messages option does not work properly because I would like to have that option avalible to me if infomation needs to be given to me and I am not looking a certain forum. Also I don't want to handout my AIM or personal email address to the general members or the board because I do not feel safe doing that.

Anyway I've been on this site for months now and I have addressed this in past threads along with other users that have had simular problems. The admin has said that they where going to take a look in to the code for us to see if there were any errors. If that's the problem then please try to spend sometime on it, because it is happening to other users. Or maybe it's completly me being stupid and forgetting to click something in my Control Panel/Settings & Options/ Edit Options....I don't know what's going on and if I did I wouldn't be writing this.

So please Admin figure out something for me so I can use the private messaging feature properly.....Thank you in advance for your time
Flippy

Last edited by Flippy : 03-03-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Flippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2004, 10:53 PM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

I know sometimes people will send PMs, then delete them before you manage to read it, but you still get the email. This might happen occasionally. Getting 7 in a row, however, is a bit odd.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2004, 07:20 AM   #3
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

No I've managed to send out 7 or so private messages on my own and I've possible recieved over 20-30 private messages from other people and never actual recieved the messages.

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Unread 03-04-2004, 02:35 AM   #4
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Just a thought...

There's a minor bug in the PM software somewhere that brings up the inbox page just as it previously appeared before, without updating the view to include newer messages even when they are there. Have you tried doing a browser refresh or shift-refresh on your inbox page? Or click on "go to inbox" even though you are already viewing it?

If that doesn't help, then it must be something else and Admin will have to address it...
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2004, 06:52 AM   #5
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

Well I just tried and it didn't help ...thanks for addressing that anyway, Karisu-sama

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V
Unread 03-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #6
yummyfire
womp womp

Well, maybe you haven't recieved any private messages at all, but the glitch is the other way around. No one has sent you any, but it says they have. Perhaps someone else's inbox got fused with yours in a glitch or something. But that's just my hypothesis. Of course, I can't even get my photoshop program to work, so it might not be the wisest idea to listen to me.

This message has been brought to you by your Lord and Master, Foamy Squirrel
yummyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #7
Flippy
GET SOME TEA! ^%$#!

oh...photoshop, you really do need that program.....it's a life saver....maybe you don't have enough memory to run it...it uses A LOT!! .....
Anyway I'm still tring to figure out what to do with my pm...ahhh it's such a pain in the ass....ADMIN I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I have been sent pm's because my friends told me that they have....and they were not lying.

________
...mm
/^(..)^\
\,(..),/
..V~~V

Last edited by Flippy : 03-07-2004 at 05:02 PM.