Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 01-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
KenjiKiseki

Help on cosplay

Hey all. I'm planning to cosplay as Smoker from One Piece for the next Anime Expo in Los Angeles, California coming up in about 6 months. Problem is that I'm still new to cosplay and all. I've only done one cosplay before and that was an easy cosplay; Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail.

Since I don't have the proper equipment or training to make my own outfit and all, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the jacket that he uses for cheap. Most of the ones I found are far too pricey for me or they just look terrible.

If anyone knows someone that makes great costumes and such for fair prices than that would also be very helpful.

My first expo and cosplay was quit enjoyable so I'd like to continue doing it. All I need from the entire outfit is the jacket, everything else I can obtain through simple matters, the jacket is the only issue I've run into.

Thanks in advance!
KenjiKiseki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

Can we see a ref pic please? And also what do you consider reasonable for your pricing?
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I've done this coat on commission. You know why it's so expensive? Because it's NOT an easy coat to make. Especially if you want it out of leather or pleather. The fur is also very expensive, even fake fur - that stuff's $20/yard on a good day. It's a very complex coat thanks to the way the pockets are, the way it's lined, and with all the cigar loops and the bottom belt added on.

If you can find it anywhere for less than $250 I would consider that a steal. I could do it for less if it wasn't pleather.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote