Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Fanime

Unread 03-03-2004, 11:05 PM   #1
domestik
pudding king

Hotels

Is anyone booking a room at a different hotel besides the Marriott? I've been looking into various hotel rooms their prices and special offers on and off for the past couple of months and so far I like the Crowne Plaza the most in means of price per night and distance from the convention center. ^^;

Just curious for no particular reason really. @_@

Unread 03-04-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

I Booked at the marriot cause it's the official con hotel and all the misc events are going on there. As far as the crowne plaza goes, go for it as long as you don't have to pay too much more than the con rate, that hotel is pretty swanky ^_^;

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2004, 12:07 AM   #3
domestik
pudding king

I'm booking through lowestfare.com so the pricing is within the range that I'm willing (and able) to pay. ^_^ I'm glad that it's a "pretty swanky" place though! And even happier that it's just around the corner from the con center. ^^

I would have liked to stay at the Marriott (and in fact, intended to book there at first) but I'm more geared towards saving as much as I can without having to walk a mile to get to the con. x.o Now I just have to worry about meeting the minimum of four occupants in the room. >.>
Unread 03-06-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
CriCri

i am poking Crowne Plaza too. ^^ Good enough rates for me, we are cramming about 8 people into one room. Going to be fun. =]
CriCri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2004, 06:56 PM   #5
domestik
pudding king

x___x; I NEED 8 people to cram into one room! Or at least two more. >.>; Everyone I know is "unconfirmed". ;.; I just finished booked two days ago too. ^_^v
Unread 03-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #6
Maikaerin
Ooo da lolly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domestik
x___x; I NEED 8 people to cram into one room! Or at least two more. >.>; Everyone I know is "unconfirmed". ;.; I just finished booked two days ago too. ^_^v
@_@ *must find job*
Unread 03-25-2004, 12:20 AM   #7
Kae
Obsessionest for life

Talking

Hun, your better off with the Mariott...
ONLY 8!?!?!?!?!
Lucky ass! I had to cram 13 into mine, also food supplies and visitors, it was busy, the only time it was quiet...was...wait, I don't recall it ever being quiet, Lmao. Just eight should gbe fine for one room, depending on your supplies and such, book for two, have people throw money in on the wages. bring your own food this way you wont have to buy food and you'll save money, at the DunDraCon this year, it was hard, but this is the Fanimecon, more hard.
Besides, the Fanimecon is at the Mariott like the Dundracon was. I wouldn't even call the place crammed, but our hotel room still had a lot of room after 15 people piled into it, garanteed I slept on the floor, the rug is pretty soft, Lmao But anyway, stick with the Mariott, get a room as fast as possible. Hurry? Everyone is rushing to get rooms, I'd book and tell them I'd pay when I get there, as well as ask for extra keys, if you have a lot of people, example: 13 people. 3 keys.
Most of the people usually stay in groups for they feel safer, so if you are hanging out in a group with a bunch of people, only two people need the key in that group, make sure it's divided, and also make sure everyone knows who has a key to the room. Good Luck!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2004, 01:37 AM   #8
domestik
pudding king

Too late... and really, I don't HAVE the money to stay at the Mariott (and most of my roomies are also in the same boat), discount and all. *shrug* I'm used to con life (whee, con life ^^) so I've already got a list of foods/drinks/etc. to bring. Not really too worried about the hotel anymore, besides roomies. But thanks for the info. ^^
Unread 03-25-2004, 09:33 PM   #9
AmazonPrincess
certified geek-girl

..wow.. my group is booking at the Mariott and we only have 5 people... maybe two more at most.

how do people manage 13 in a room?
AmazonPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2004, 09:56 PM   #10
Ready2Rokk
Teh Marshmallow of DOOM!

I don't think I can imagine sharing a room with 13 people >.<, that would be too much loudness for me (and I need my beauty sleep, hehe). I was going crazy last year and there was just 4 people sharing a room with me (one of them had EXTREME snoring problems). This year I'm lucky, it'll just be me and my boyfriend.

Last edited by Ready2Rokk : 03-25-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Ready2Rokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2004, 11:10 AM   #11
Maikaerin
Ooo da lolly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domestik
Too late... and really, I don't HAVE the money to stay at the Mariott (and most of my roomies are also in the same boat), discount and all. *shrug* I'm used to con life (whee, con life ^^) so I've already got a list of foods/drinks/etc. to bring. Not really too worried about the hotel anymore, besides roomies. But thanks for the info. ^^
Goin' to Costco! Oh yes, ramen and cereal in bulk! XD
Unread 03-27-2004, 03:54 PM   #12
domestik
pudding king

Mai: I'll have a portable rice cooker, rice (a-dur), seaweed wraps, sushi, nori, Skittles, water and caffeinated drinks. So. Yeah. You bring the ramen.... and cereal. XD; I think we'll go buy milk from a nearby store when we get to the con. =_=