Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 12-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
peacelovepandas

Horseback riding locations in PA?

I have a group of Attack on Titan Cosplayers in South Central PA looking to do horseback shoots. I looked into booking a guided trail ride, but no one will do groups
Over 5, or they won't let us do it in cosplay (even if we are all over 18 and legally allowed to ride without helmets and all that). I use to have horses and am an experienced rider and use to work giving trail rides on a ranch in Georgia, but I only have one horse at the moment and he's retired so we can't use him...
Does anyone know of any stables that would let us ride in cosplay? And that would let us take photos or bring a photographer along for the ride?

Unread 12-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
peacelovepandas

Here, I guess this would help a little.
We are looking for shots of us tacking up, shots of us with the horses, riding shots, and maybe, for those of us a bit more comfortable on horseback, some shots taken above a walk (I doubt any faster than a canter though). I think we would prefer an English-disciplined stable, since a bulky Western saddle might get in the way with all the gear. It would also be great if we could pick our horses for color accuracy :3 also, as I said, all of us are legal, so helmets are a no-go (last I checked, if you are over 18 law doesn't require you to have one anyway).
Also, this will be a private group ride for 6 to 8 people. We will probably be there for 2 hours or so.
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
Avaline

You can always contact your states horse council and ask if any of their members lease for those purposes or better yet look for someone who already costumes with their horses several breed organizations have costume divisions I know the Arabian horse associations native costume class is pretty serious and in PA you've probably got people that do reenactments. That said liability wise I don't think this is something a random stable will agree to. Costume pieces can be pretty "scary" if they are not used to them or the feel of someone riding in them. Someone there will probably know of a stable who will work with you but I wouldn't expect to just jump on in costume and go.

Last edited by Avaline : 01-23-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling fail
Avaline is offline   Reply With Quote