Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
AvidGamer

Hello from Virginia!

Hi everybody...I am new to cosplay. Let me explain how I got here. All my life I have been a big video game and comic book nerd. Conventions are not too common or all that big in my area but I would see people dressed in costumes and never really thought much of it except that it was cool. A few months ago I started an apparel line for video game players and when I reached out to the video game community, it was the cosplay folks were the first to welcome me with open arms. Maybe something about the level of fandom there is in the cosplay community understanding my passion for video game being high enough to make me start a business. Since then I met some of the coolest folks and seen some amazing costumes. Enough so that now I am thinking I want to create costumes myself and get into the game. I honestly don't know anything about how to design a costume but it seems I can get some good advice here. My schedule is pretty full but I think I can pull of something from either Street Fighter or maybe one of my favorite movies, Mad Max. I really don't know.
Anyway, I am pretty stoked to find a cool forum to get some ideas and tips from. So, be kind..I am a total newb!
AvidGamer is offline   Reply With Quote