Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Theatricality

Cosplayhouse vs. Hellocosplay; Help?

Hey guys, I need a bit of help; I'm trying to choose which website to buy a costume from. I'm buying a female Gauken Hetalia Uniform for my Nyotalia England cosplay and I want to buy it this month so it will be ready for Otakon this year. I have bought my America cosplay from one of these sites before, but that was two years ago and I don't remember which one I used.

Cosplayhouse: http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Hetalia-...n-02-Sale.html
This was the one I saw first. I love how it looks and I've heard some pretty good things about the site. The thing is the price. Money isn't an issue, I'm just worried that because its so cheap, it won't look good or it won't get here in time.

Hellocosplay: http://www.hellocosplay.com/hetalia-...rm-p-2595.html
This one I found recently. The costume is okay looking and I've seen some other Nyotalia cosplayers wearing this. The price (to me) suggests that it may be better quality. But I've never heard or seen any reviews on this site and I don't want to spend $70+ on an outfit I'll hate.

So, thoughts?
Nyotalia!England - Hetalia: Axis Powers - In Progress

CONVENTIONS I'LL BE ATTENDING THIS YEAR
Otakon 2012 - Saturday and Sunday
Theatricality is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Kobanya

Don't buy from Cosplay House. I ordered a wig there and never got my real wig; the sub wig they sent was a crime against nature. They are really super slow and just completely unprofessional.

As for Hello Cosplay, I can't speak on that since I've never ordered from them.
Kobanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
usuyukisou

Both of them have seriously mixed reviews in the Commissioner Review Thread.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105758

I also read somewhere that one of the above stole images from Hellowshop, a Korean merchant.
Unread 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

think this way, cosplayhouse is terrible with item descriptions, items in general, and shipping times.
hellocosplay steals all thir pictures..

yea..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
atemluver
07 Ghost? 07 ghost.

I would say neither. If you want a good cosplay make it, or don't go the cheap route. I'm currently in the middle of a cocosilverhk transaction, and from all my findings their as cheap as you can get with a good job. Plus they respond to EVERY question you ask them ^^ and they have VERY good english O_o I'm still shocked >_< well theres my two cents use it or not, doesnt really matter.
atemluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
Gamzee
terminallySober

I've personally had a good experience with Hello Cosplay. Their making time is extremely quick, same for shipping. I got my Organization 13 coat within 2 weeks of ordering it, and it looked exactly like it did in the pictures.

I guess it's a hit or miss with HC, but as for Cosplay House... Don't even waste your time on them. x_x

London (October) Expo

Maid
Roxas (Organization XIII)

"Without struggle, there is no progress." - Frederick Douglass
Gamzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Both steal photos. You will not get what is pictured (trust me, I've got experience). Stay away from both of them and hire a commissioner.

Future cosplay: Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge), Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider), Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #8
hello_tracy

I also had a relatively good experience with Hello Cosplay. The costume was constructed with quality materials and it arrived quickly. It also looked exactly like the photo on the website. My only complaint was that it was slightly too big, but by the time my con rolled around I had learned to sew on the machine I got for Christmas, so I altered it myself.

If you're not into sewing and don't have $300+ to hire a commissioner, I'd recommend HelloCosplay. It looks like a fairly simple outfit, so I doubt they would mess it up.

Last edited by hello_tracy : 07-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.
hello_tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

I have mixed reviews about Cosplay House; they did my Haruhi Suzumiya costume and not only was the quality of the costume spot on color wise and everything, but the quality of the fabric they used was great as well. It's been through multiple wears and washes on the normal wash cycle and is still in just as good a shape as when I got it. My K-ON costume is where it gets a bit negative...the quality of the blazer and skirt were really good, however I was not a fan of the material they used to make the blouse and after one wash, that shrunk...so I just used a regular white dress shirt. While the quality of the skirt was good, they totally messed up on the size. It was at least four sizes too big in the waist and went down to my ankles. They gave me attitude when I mentioned this to them in an e-mail and wanted to charge me shipping to send a new one out, which I declined and instead had a friend of a friend alter it to the right size. What I never understood is how they goofed so badly on the measurements for that skirt when it was the same measurements as the skirt for my Haruhi costume. Also, yes they do take their sweet time and shipping when I bought from them was OUTRAGEOUS. Overall, I would give them a C-. That site is VERY hit or miss it seems.

Can't speak for HelloCosplay though...
Anime Los Angeles (Full weekend)

AX 2014 Crossplays
Day 0 - Casual maid version Mikuru Asahina
Day 1 - Haruhi Suzumiya/Mikuru Asahina (winter uniform)
Day 2 - Hatsune Miku (default)/Ritsu Tainaka (winter uniform) or casual maid version Miku
Day 3 - Minako Aino (winter uniform)
Day 4 - Casual maid version Haruhi or Ritsu
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

cosplayhouse is def hit or miss. i have a great yuki cross day class uniform from there and its one of the best premades on the market. yet when i ordered my blair outfit from them, i had to send it back since the materials were all wrong, and even though it was nothing like the picture they wouldn't give me a full refund.
stay away like the plague
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
acezeldaz

I hope I'm not necroing this thread, but when i search for a HelloCosplay review it comes up.
I though I'd just add my 2 cents!

I ordered a wig from HelloCosplay, and I talked to the online customer service, and they were very helpful! I ordered the wig, and it came in less than 5 days. (The wig I ordered was a short black one, which the representative said was common and usually ships fast because there are a lot available)
My only complaint is that I paid an extra $5 for UPS shipping, but they sent it via DHL.
In any case, it arrived quickly, and the wig was high quality and exactly what was pictured. And... it came with a free wig cap
acezeldaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #12
Sabrina901

I never recieves my stuff from Cosplay House, had to open a complaint with PayPal to get my money back...plus they steal photos like crazy. I second CocosilverHK.

Miku Hatsune-Append
Heisuke Toudou-Hakuouki
Sabrina901 is offline   Reply With Quote