Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

LOTR/Hobbit: One does not simply walk into Katsucon...

Okay I'm sorry I really suck at being funny just ignore the title. uwub

BUT I figured this was worth a try? How many people are going as Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit? I know of a couple people personally, but that's it! With the hype and how awesome this fandom is anyway, I hope we won't be the only people! I'll be there as Pippin, with my friend as Merry.

So, who are you going as? And would a meet-up be a thing that happens?
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Meenah Peixes [Homestuck]
Castiel [Supernatural]
AU!Finn the Human? [Adventure Time]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Briana-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

If we plan one a meet up could be a thing that happens, but right now I haven't heard of any that are planned.
I'm doing LOTR on Friday and Sunday...because some friends can only do the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings costumes Friday, and some can only do it on Sunday.
We could plan a meetup for each of those days?...

Anyway, I'm being Éowyn as long as I get my costume done(didn't get to start yet and ugh that belt. I'm just worried about the belt, everything else is easy. Wish I could just commission the damn thing).
And as of right now, I know of 3 Galadriels, 2 Arwens, 2 Bilbos, and another Éowyn going. That's just people I know of, I'm sure there will be others. And one of the Arwens, who is doing LOTR on Sunday, said she has a group- I don't know who or how large.

Anyway, whether we set up gatherings or not, I'd love to get pictures with you and your friend!!!

And the title of this is hilarious. XD

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV); Scarlet Witch(Uncanny Avengers)

Last edited by Aurora Maryte : 01-25-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Ironhill

I am working on a Radagast costume but it will not be finished for Katsu.

Does anyone cosplay Orcs from LoTR? I have an idea for a skit I would like to do for Balticon.

Last edited by Ironhill : 01-25-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
BloodOfAutumn
Aristo Mercu

I wish i was, but Fili won't be done until September :< I have too many other things going on that's taking up a lot of time >__< sorry!! I 'd love to snap a picture though if i see you guys!
BloodOfAutumn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Aww, that's sad that you guys won't have costumes for Katsucon. It would've been so awesome to get photos with you both.
But there are always future conventions. I'll probably wear mine to AnimeNEXT, Otakon, and NYCC, though not sure on what day yet.

But we definitely need to set up some sort of gathering time(s).

Conventions 2014~
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV); Scarlet Witch(Uncanny Avengers)

Unread 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Flanna

I will be there as Sam on sunday and my friend is supposed to go as Frodo

Though we will be leaving early (Around 1pm) because of our bus back home ><

I sure hope I can see some of you guys though!
Flanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Well, would you be okay with a gathering at like noon on Sunday? Or would you already need to be out of costume?... I think an hour should be plenty of time, and you probably can still be there in costume for noon.
Let me know.
That would settle the Sunday gathering time at the very least, and then we just need to worry about Friday for people doing LOTR then.

And I can't wait to see you guys as Frodo and Sam!!! I love Sam!!

Conventions 2014~

Unread 01-27-2013, 03:52 AM   #8
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

Oh man I am all for meeting! Sunday is fine with me (we're staying through to Monday) if that works for everyone else! Friday as well, if we wanted to double it up.

I so can't wait for everyone's costumes though! Aurora my friend and I are definitely stealing you for pictures with Eowyn~ xP

So excited for your Frodo and Sam, Flanna! I was going to go as Frodo myself but I never found a Sam, and we lost our original Pippin so I didn't want Merry to be alone haha.

If everyone is interested, I can probably recruit a friend of mine to get some group shots if we do meet up!
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Castiel [Supernatural]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
Flanna

Noon should be okay for us! (At least for me haha)
Sam is awesome he's my favorite character!! It's too bad you could'nt find one but...Now we can have Frodo Sam Merry and Pippin group pics!! I'm so happy, I never thought I'd see so many LoTR cosplays!

And yes, having your friend would be great <3
Flanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #10
YavannaCosplay

Glad we finally got a lotr thread up in here. My friends and I have a small group. I'll be going as Arwen and Galadriel, and I'll have a Witchking, Faramir, and Eowyn with me if everything gets finished. Sunday at noon works for us.
YavannaCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

@Flanna- I'm just happy we can set this up so that you can get photos with all the hobbits.
I'm really thankful to the OP for making this thread. And I think there are so many because..at least for me, and some of the people I mentioned in my first post, we always planed to do LOTR costumes but just put it off. I didn't know how to sew back when the movies came out, and didn't know cosplay existed, and once I did, I knew I wanted to make Eowyn's dress but..I felt like maybe it wouldn't be popular, or well received by then. That people might say to me- why the hell are you doing an LOTR costume at an anime(or a comic) convention. So I put it off. Now The Hobbit came out, and it just resparked everything, and the genre is popular enough that I don't feel like people will harass me for it.

And @Yavanna- omg....you have a Faramir and a Witchking?! I'm gonna die...I am SOOO jealous of your Eowyn right now!
Either way, glad Sunday at 12 works for you too.

I have a few photographer friends I can ask to come take photos too; EBK, JosephChiLin..etc.. I can't guarantee they won't have shoots at that time, but if they're free I'm sure they'll come.

Conventions 2014~

Unread 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

I'm bringing LEGOlas..pun intended. It's going to be a giant lego Legolas costume from the Lego Lord of the Rings game, lol! If I have time, I'll have a lego Boromir running around with me.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Last edited by Koisnake : 01-29-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #13
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

Haha so shall I update the first post and add the meetup to the list? If Sunday at noon works for everyone~ I have my friend willing to do some shots for us as well!

@Flanna: I'm so excited! I never thought we'd have a group this large either.

@Yavanna: That sounds amazing! So can't wait to see y'all's costumes~

@Aurora: I so have to agree. I've been wanting to cosplay LotR for years but never had the chance to actually do it. I'm really excited! And having your photog friends would be great too!

@Koisnake: OMG That sounds hilarious xD Hopefully we can run into you as well!
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Castiel [Supernatural]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

Ahhh I feel really bad about this but my Merry and I are going to have to cancel ;_; our costumes won't be done in time and we don't have the space to safely bring our feet. I would love to stop by and still get some pictures of everyone though!
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Castiel [Supernatural]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Oh no, that's horrible!! I was going to ask you guys to come be in the private photoshoots I have...

But oh well. I hope you still come to the gathering!! Just to say hi or whatever.

**Oh, and people, we still need to decide on a gathering time that works for Friday.**

Conventions 2014~