Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
doom4

Looking for a cosplay group in Montreal

Hey et salut!

My name is Max and me and my wife we moved from Japan last year to Montreal. I am 29 and she is 27 and originally we are from Germany. We really like cosplay but don't know anybody here who shares the same passion. We speak also fluent French so don't hesitate to answer in French. We are basically looking for a group of people to exchange and talk. If you are interested or if you know of any group here in Montreal please let us know! that would be really cool.

Hope to get to know some of Montreal's cosplayers soon.

Greetings!

Max and Inga
doom4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
Mokmo

Former Montreal here,
First suggestion, head over to the Otakuthon forums. Being somewhere in the top 12 anime conventions in North America brings a bit of a crowd. Go say hi in the Nouveaux Membres thread (Off Topic section), it's a good start!
Normally once spring comes back, there is usually a cosplay picnic in june and maybe an open photoshoot before that in the area. (GT section normally has those)
There's a group for those activities on Facebook, Link Here, where it might be easier to see the announcement for those events.

Apart from those events, there is the Montreal Geek Festival that's making a comeback this year, you'll see plenty of everything, from gaming to technology to cosplayers. April 6th (geekfestmtl.com)

The lack of conventions in Montreal in the spring is a little annoying. There's one in Quebec City called Nadeshicon (Nadeshicon.ca).

This weekend many Montreal cosplayers are in Gatineau (across from Ottawa) for G-Anime, it's pretty much the first cosplay event of the year in the province.

And i guess that's it!
Mokmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Kagomekai

I too am from the greater Montreal area, I would have to say check out Otakuthon in August (It's a lot of fun it's one of the two conventions that I go to over the year). Never been to G-anime but I've only heard good things about it, I go out of province to Toronto for Anime North in May which can be a little pricey with driving up and the hotel but it is totally worth it going up there for the weekend.

But once again I will say go to Otakuthon in August it takes place at the Palais des Congrès so it's pretty easy to get to since the metro station Place d'Armes which is also where China town is so if you need some fresh air you can take a little walk in China Town.

What types of fandoms are you into?
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote