Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
HeartlessNobody
King & Lionheart

I've thought about doing gifts for people who come up to me and talk/ask for a picture.

For a while, when I had plans to do old Once-ler, I had planned on making a bunch of Truffula tree seeds to hand out.

What I am working on:
(New)Wicked Lady - Sailor Moon
(New)Ben Paul - The Walking Dead Game
(Fixing)Belarus - Hetalia
(Fixing)Wildcat - JKMM
(Fixing) Ibuki Mioda - Super Dangan Ronpa 2
HeartlessNobody is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

When I did my Derpy cosplay, I walked around with a "muffin bag." People freaked in the best possible way when they learned there were actual muffins inside of it. XD So yeah, I've done the giving out gifts thing. Though it should be noted that when giving out edible gifts, always have your food product (especially if it's homemade) in plastic wrap!

Whatever the case, people usually love free stuff and a little gift can brighten a person's day significantly. When I offered a girl who loved my cosplay a muffin, I swear she was about to burst into tears. I nearly freaked out a bit, but she was really that happy about it. XD
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #18
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
When I did my Derpy cosplay, I walked around with a "muffin bag." People freaked in the best possible way when they learned there were actual muffins inside of it. XD So yeah, I've done the giving out gifts thing. Though it should be noted that when giving out edible gifts, always have your food product (especially if it's homemade) in plastic wrap!
Also on this, if it is a food product, make sure whoever you're giving it to isn't allergic. Or mention if there's nuts in it or something.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #19
Loveless12

Back at Otakon there was a girl cosplaying Aeris who gave out real roses. I got one, it was awesome.
Loveless12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #20
vietgirl018
hibiki

So there is other people who give out gifts!

i plan on cosplaying as Skuld from oh my goddess at Anime Matsuri. I was gonna make some business cards to help promote my facebook page and I wanted to at it with a treat like candy or my homemade chocolate chip cookies. What do you think?
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
TortureBunni
Living in a Dreamworld

I think giving out little gifts or tokens is really fun. I ususally find some kind of candy or trinket that matches my costume, and pass them out to people who recognize my character. For Frostine, I usually carry around a bucket of candy and allow people to help themselves. For Garnet or any other FF characters, I ususally pass out chocolate "gil" or little plastic gemstones that look like materia.

Convention Schedule 2014:
Katsucon
Otakon
TortureBunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #22
piffle esque
mahou shoujo in training!

@TortureBunni That gil idea is so cute, very creative! Also, your Garnet cosplays are simply stunning! *____*

I love when cosplayers give out little gifts! However, I don't see too many cosplayers that do it. (I understand why, though) I remember I passed out paper cranes when I cosplayed as Nunnally one time. For when I debut human Luna from Sailor Moon, I'm thinking about passing out tiny candy bags of konpeito sugar candy to those who recognize me.
piffle esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
BeardedDragon74
Oro?

I enjoy handing things out.

I use my printer to print business cards, which I hand out at conventions (with my Facebook and Fanfiction pages).

For the last few years, I always take a box of yellow chick peeps for the first Hetalia Prussia I see. I need to do the same with green bunny peeps and England this year.

Last Halloween, I dressed up like the Evil Queen from Snow White and I handed out apples to my co-workers. It was great to see their expressions (Should I eat it?).

I’m working on a mascot Elf (Rise of the Guardians) costume for this year. I have a couple of clearance priced boxes of candy canes to hand out. When they run out, I have a bag of peppermint hard candies.

Cosplay in progress:
Yami Bakura/Florence from Yu Gi Oh! The Abridged Series
Maleficent from Disney's animated Sleeping Beauty
Generic Dragon mascot (for Ren Faire)
BeardedDragon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Every D-Tac I give out candycanes..as it is so close to Christmas. Usually to anyone who is around.

Also, last year after Fan Expo (or it might have been Mtac) I gave away the example from my plushie workshop to a stranger just because she was strawberry shortcake and so cute. :P She was really surprised and thanked me.
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #25
BumblebeeMituna
Blood Soaked

I wanna give cupcakes away at A-kon,when I'm cosplaying as Gamzee. They shall be faygo cupcakes! >BI
BumblebeeMituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #26
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I'm always willing to receive gifts from people at cons, lol ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #27
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

I like the idea of cosplayers giving out trinkets. Last year at AX12, this England cosplayer from Hetalia attempted passing out scones. Although I denied for the joke of it, it was fun to have an experience like that. I heard it was actually really good though. Regrets. -v-
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #28
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

I can't remember who it was but she and I think her husband used to cosplay as Ed and Al Elric. Well they came to notice a lot of Winry cosplayers that didn't have wrenches. So when encountering one, Ed would do his alchemy thing, reach out to Alphonse. Alphonse would make a 'Pop!' sound and then open the chest plate to reveal a wrench which they would give to that Winry.

It sounded cute.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #29
double00beaver
Disco Toast

Handing out free stuff is always fun and people seem to really like it when it's related to your cosplay as well. A few years back I handed out candy filled Easter eggs when I wore a Pokemon costume and it was pretty popular. Just make sure if you're doing candy or something to get something that comes in a wrapper and won't melt.
double00beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #30
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I personally love trinkets and gifts from con-goers. I know one of my friends gave out a few "Rice coupons" as Minagi from Air TV before. Last year at AB, a Fai D Flourite gave me a box of pocky. (One of those double pack ones too)... and I know my friends were given recipes from a Tales of chef guy they saw at Otakon.

I see these kinds of things highly. They might be small things, but it makes people's days when you are so kind enough to do that, go the extra mile for the character, or plain give someone a memory that they might cherish as a con memorabilia.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote