Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Question Lucaille Wigs on TaoBao question

I've never used TaoBao before so excuse me if this is a stupid question.. but I just wonder if you need to have a TaoBao account to order from Lucaille Wigs? It's mentioned in English if you live overseas and want to purchase wigs you should send them an email with the wigs you want and they'll fix the rest... but do you still need an account to do this?

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
usuyukisou

Nope~ You just contact them via that gmail address they post on their store page, and they accept Paypal.

They don't have the discount for shipping like shopping services have, but that's a moot point if you're not buying many items.
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Thank you for anwer.

Also, do you know if ordering from the TaoBao store with shipping included is still cheaper than when ordering from MoeMall?

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
usuyukisou

I think that would depend on the weight of your package and how many you order.

For my one wig from MoeMall, it totaled $38 USD with shipping (non-EMS). MoeMall ships from their warehouse in China.

EMS's rates from China to Finland are 280 RMB for the first 0.5 kg, and 75 RMB for each additional 0.5 kg, and 8 RMB customs fee. If your package is 0.5 kg, then that's 288 RMB.

A shopping service adds 10% service fee of your items' price, but takes off 40-50% from the EMS cost.

So, if you only want one wig, I'd probably stick with MoeMall (but it does depend on how much they charge for shipping). If you're ordering multiple wigs, it's probably worth going the Taobao route. Oh, but I also used EMS for taobao, since the shopping service discount nullified the cheaper Airmail/SAL/etc prices for me (I'm in the US).
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #5
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

MoeMall has free shipping if you order from their store, if I remember right.

Hmm.. so for multiple wigs I should go with TaoBao with a shopping service then? To get a shopping service I need a TaoBao account right? How does shopping services even work...?

I've also noticed in the TaoBao store there seems to be some wigs that are not available in the MoeMall store.

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
usuyukisou

^ Not really, on the free shipping. I checked: the wig I ordered through their Ebay store was 30 AUD + 8 AUD shipping. The same item is listed on their site as 38 AUD.

I should add, although Moemall shipped pretty reasonably, it was a bit slower than EMS (12 days vs my all-time record of 2, but not a problem for me) and their tracking system used was very frustrating (personally). Details about shipping in my review ( http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=2428 )

If you really only care about the bottom line, it's best to whip out a calculator and start crunching numbers to determine how many wigs it would take to make the Taobao route worth it.

You do not need to be a member of Taobao to order through a shopping service; in fact, you probably can't register. You need to find a shopping service (there are many) and go through their procedure to place your order.

The first service I used was Taobaospree; I haven't had a problem with them, so I haven't tried anyone else yet. The process with them begins with the owner of Taobaospree assigning you an agent. That agent will oversee the rest of your transaction (all emails will be CC'd to the owner): they will ask your questions to sellers and place your order. They use Excel spreadsheets as official forms, but they fill it in for you. It's just a matter of you saying "I've decided. I'm ordering Item A, Item B, and Item C." Their service fee is 10%, but they get 40% off EMS international shipping (I might add, the rate for EMS is cheaper after the first 0.5 kg, so short of oversize items, it really is efficient to do volume orders with your friends) --- you can opt out of EMS, but the other courier services do not get the discount.

* Some other shopping services get 50% off EMS
* The other taobao threads mentions other recommended services, but it's not uncommon to see one user have a cruddy experience with one and a fantastic experience with another, and then another user vice versa.

MoeMall is not Lucaille, but simply a reseller of selected popular characters. That's why the original has more offerings and why MoeMall may still have stock of an item that has been discontinued by Lucaille.

Meh, Lucaille un-discontinued the wig I bought though, probably because of a season renewal. I would have liked to pay the Lucaille price... If I had bought through TBSpree!Lucaille, I would have paid only $1.2 USD more, and that would have been negated through a second wig.