Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
SingingRobot
Glowstick Girl

AfterSchool Mode Luka Wig Help Please

Hello, I am having serious trouble styling my wig for Luka's After School Mode outfit from Project Diva f.

Here is her picture: http://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/fi.../f-lukaSHL.png

I started with this wig from Epic Cosplay: http://www.epiccosplay.com/36-prince...splay-wig.html

Since her pigtails are low and towards the back of her head, I thought I could simply tie them like normal pigtails, but that didn't work because of knots. In the process of combing them out, I ripped out a large chunk of hair that is now too short to fit in the hair ties, plus it made the strands left so frizzy that they appeared a different color. I tried defrizzing/detangling tutorials, washing it, and more combing, but that didn't help anything. And I apparently stretched the head part or something because there is a big empty space in the back now.

My question is, do any of these damages sound repairable enough or should I buy the wig again? Or, alternatively, should I buy a short wig and try to add the pigtails using wefts? Is there some trick to low pigtails that I'm missing? Sorry, all my searches for pigtails bring up high pigtails and clip-ons...

And if stubbing/wefts are what is needed, I have constructed her hair ties so that those pink and yellow cube parts light up, so would stubs/wefts be difficult to hide two battery packs (about the size of 2-3 watch batteries) or at least give the batteries room to fit?

Sorry this is so long and has so many questions. Thank you so much for any help that you can provide!!
SingingRobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

You are gonna have to buy a new one..Sorry to say, but since some got really short and no longer fit into the ties, those will never be right and always look bad.

When you do it again, there's a pigtail tutorial somewhere on here (if someone doesn't get to it first I'll look and post it later). It shows how to do it where it'll be zig-zag in the back. It may not be how hers is, but it'll work.. Just do the same thing and it'll look fine.

As for the knots....You bought an epiccosplay wig and it knoted? That's REALLY hard to see lol however if you work really carefully you shouldn't have this problem again. Start out with silicon spray or whatever that detangler stuff is used on wigs (please look it up first), then make the pigtails.

EDIT:
I also found another pigtail tutorial..It makes it so you can't see the wefts:http://www.katiebair.com/wigtutorial_parting.html
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 01-29-2013 at 03:34 PM.
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
SingingRobot
Glowstick Girl

Thank you so much, JasonTerror! The end result of that Katie Bair tutorial looks beautiful; I'm definitely going to try it that way.

Yeah, I was surprised by the knots, too-- I've used their wigs before and never had this problem, but things happen I guess. I'll get a new one. Spraying it first sounds like a good idea, too.

Thanks so much again!
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

No problem lol trust me I know what is like..which is exactly why I don't do Ardas long wigs lol I just can't believe epic was like that....I guess it has to happen once huh lol

Yea I wish I could find that zigzag one..its better. With the one I showed you, you need extra wefts.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)

Dream cosplays for now:
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
SingingRobot
Glowstick Girl

Conveniently, before my wig was ruined I ordered two more wefts just in case the back showed through, so I'll get them before my replacement wig even gets here. Funny how things work out sometimes lol
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Oh wow..That's just weird lolit seems you're brain thought ahead for you lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)

Dream cosplays for now: