Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 06-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
lelechan

Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara, Blackest Black

Name of Product: L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara, Blackest Black

Where Purchased: Target, $6.99 USD

Product Description:
(From the packaging)
L'Oreal Paris introduces new Voluminous Miss Manga mascara featuring the 360 flexor brush to build bold volume with high intensity from top to bottom. For the first time, L'Oreal Paris creates a flexible brush with a unique conical shape to catch those hard to reach lashes with an incredibly even application. The Mega Impact Formula instantly builds oversized volume for 15X lash volume in a flash. Top lashes are amplified and bottom lashes maximized for the ultimate wide-eyed Manga Look. Made in USA Place brush at base of lashes and gently sweep up to tip. Removes easily with soap and water.

Pros: Long-lasting, mostly smudge-proof once it dries. I applied yesterday around 7 PM and picture was taken today at 2 PM, with about 7 hours of sleep in the meantime. Lightly rubbing my finger against my lashes, it does not rub off; I don't know about hardcore rubbing though. Dries fairly quickly, which is super nice as a glasses-wearer. The Blackest Black makes my blue eyes pop even without eyeliner or eyeshadow and stands out quite well since my lashes are naturally blonde. I like the shape of the brush and the flexibility of the wand. My lashes are fairly thick and long, and I felt like one coat was good though I did a second coat to really get the "manga effect". The mascara was applied without curling my lashes. By far the nicest mascara I've gotten for the price!

Cons: So far the only con that I have is the fact that the conical shape of the brush leads to a build-up of mascara at the tip of the cone, which can lead to getting mascara smeared on your skin while touching up the corners of your eyes. That happened to me a couple of times during application. However, while the mascara was wet it wiped away easily and there was minimal transfer to skin from the lower lashes during application. Eyelashes got a bit clumpy but again, there was no curling or brushing the lashes either before or after application. (I actually think the clumping adds to the manga effect in this case.)

Overall Rating: 9/10

Photos:

Both with and without glasses. With glasses photo taken inside facing a window; without glasses taken inside facing away from window. Fluroescent lighting. Face is completely bare other than mascara and mascara was applied more than 16 hours ago.

http://maidofaspects.tumblr.com/post/87919198814

Last edited by lelechan : 06-05-2014 at 02:29 PM.
lelechan is online now   Reply With Quote